WHAT NOT TO DO: Duplicate shows "The Bible (2013)"

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
jevans

WHAT NOT TO DO: Duplicate shows "The Bible (2013)"

Postby jevans » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:00 pm

User was banned for the entirety of this thread.

This item is incorrect and should be deleted

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=265720&lid=7

This is the corrected item and should remain in its place.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=290048&lid=7
User created this entry.

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Re: Duplicate shows "The Bible (2013)"

Postby polargeek » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:30 pm

Intentionally creating an incorrect duplicate is a dick move. I have deleted the incorrect duplicate you made the original series stays intact
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

jevans

Postby jevans » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:35 pm

Yeah but the original is LOCKED and is INCORRECT. Nobody made an incorrect duplicate. Maybe reading isn't your strong suite?
No sources, followed by a directed insult.

If there is a way to unlock the original so that someone can correct it let me know. I'd be more than happy to correct the original which is WRONG in serious ways.

Calling people dicks is a dickhead move, dick. I'm not at all impressed with your unprofessionalism. Being a dick isnt the intention here, creating an ACCURATE database is. Apparently you arent interested in that goal as you went and deleted the correct information in favor of junk that was expressly pointed out to you. Thats a real DICK move don't you think?
No sources. More directed insults.

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Postby polargeek » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:04 pm

The original is LOCKED because it is ALREADY CORRECT, per the original broadcaster http://www.history.com/shows/the-bible/episodes. Even the series description you copied stated 5 parts.

If you'd taken 2 seconds to search the forum you would have found several threads on this already like here Why was my request denied? or The Bible / The Lost Room

Also next time try reading SITE & FORUM RULES {07/09/2012}
Additionally your incorrect change didn't even provide a basic source for the info so try reading Sources Update - March, 2012

And fine maybe you caught me in a bad moment but this is at least the 30th thread created by lazy people who couldn't be bothered to search the forum about this show. And since you apparently registered just to bitch about this show then you get categorized as such. Did you think it was locked because we were just randomly locking shows just to see what kind of stupid responses we would get on the forums. But to be fair where I live calling something a dick move and calling someone a dick are different things, isn't English grand.
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:14 pm

jevans, that was uncalled for, as polargeek cited the proper NFO files that hikaricore didn't have to make, as well as the primer I made for nobody to read.

Why is redefining the aired data for a "proper scrape" more important than setting your personal definition of correct in a local file that's far less likely to change?
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

jevans

Postby jevans » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:22 pm

polargeek wrote:The original is LOCKED because it is ALREADY CORRECT, per the original broadcaster http://www.history.com/shows/the-bible/episodes. Even the series description you copied stated 5 parts.

If you'd taken 2 seconds to search the forum you would have found several threads on this already like here Why was my request denied? or The Bible / The Lost Room

Also next time try reading SITE & FORUM RULES {07/09/2012}
Additionally your incorrect change didn't even provide a basic source for the info so try reading Sources Update - March, 2012

And fine maybe you caught me in a bad moment but this is at least the 30th thread created by lazy people who couldn't be bothered to search the forum about this show. And since you apparently registered just to bitch about this show then you get categorized as such. Did you think it was locked because we were just randomly locking shows just to see what kind of stupid responses we would get on the forums. But to be fair where I live calling something a dick move and calling someone a dick are different things, isn't English grand.

This entire post would be redder than a stoplight tied to a caboose, ramming through a barn on Carrie's prom night. Expressed rejection of the forum rules, rejection of the ASP, and a prolonged tirade against volunteer staffers all directly contributed to this user's ban.
Don't lecture me about the forum rules clown. This isnt my first day on the internet and its not my first time posting in a forum. I'm not going to argue, but I own the DVDs and that information is WRONG. Its wrong per the IBDM, wrong per Amazon prime, wrong per Netflix and wrong just about every other place on the planet except here. I can give two squats how many other people have posted about it and been WRONG. I have the DVDs, so its not like Im pointing to the wikipedia and crying about it. Your general attitude sucks big time and assumptions that I came over just to bitch about one stinking series prove you need your head examined. People don't come over here just to make your apparently unproductive and pathetic life more difficult, they come to contribute to a collection of information and I can assure you that your name will be splashed all over XBMC as the total dick that you are.

I'll never spend a second contributing to this slow as molasses website/database that's apparently staffed by some of the biggest illiterate dicks on the planet.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Okay, yeah, this is already out of hand.
Locking it down.

Also, where I come from, we show some goddamn respect to volunteer staff, not treat them like garbage.

Go right ahead and smear us all over XBMC [sic] though; it's certainly not the first time, and I'll even highlight the breakdown of your banning in red for the tl;dr crowd.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Re: WHAT NOT TO DO: Duplicate shows "The Bible (2013)"

Postby hikaricore » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:01 pm

10/10 would read again. :D

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: WHAT NOT TO DO: Duplicate shows "The Bible (2013)"

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:28 pm

hikaricore wrote:10/10 would read again. :D

Dan oudda DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!
Ticket pays for the whole seat, but you'll only need THE EDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGE
!