Daniel Tiger Neighborhood (OTA Numbering)

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
nagergely

Daniel Tiger Neighborhood (OTA Numbering)

Postby nagergely » Sat May 18, 2019 11:17 am

Hello,

I was updating season 2 of Daniel Tiger Neighborhood (OTA Numbering) and somehow added episode 6 twice. Please delete one of the occurances.

Thanks

Mistywing
Site Moderator

Re: Daniel Tiger Neighborhood (OTA Numbering)

Postby Mistywing » Sat May 18, 2019 2:04 pm

We don't allow duplicate listings. Please transfer any information from ID 357816 to ID 261511 (With moderation's help if in locked areas) when necessary.
ID 357816 will be deleted afterwards.
ID 357816 also contravenes the policy of cartoon stories being listed separately. Please see the 'Multi-segment Episode Splitting' section of the rules.

sufr3ak

Postby sufr3ak » Tue May 21, 2019 1:08 pm

MistyWing - would you be able to assist/support getting the show into a proper naming/numbering format. Like many animated shows, it's a mess. It could be fixed proper in little time. I'd be happy to do it.

It looks like there is other support here:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=54893&p=149849&hilit=daniel+tiger#p146667

It seems no one wants the split episode model.

Mistywing
Site Moderator

Postby Mistywing » Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm

I can't make a decision on split episodes, I can only follow it. If the rule changes by administration decision later, I will follow the new rule.
As far as I know, DVD Order is set to and designed to allow regrouping of split episodes with the applications that can support how we have used it.

For example:
Part 1 of S01E01 is Daniel's Birthday, set to DVD Season 1 Episode 1.1.
Part 2 of S01E01 is Daniel's Picnic, set to DVD Season 1 Episode 1.2.

This is the entry methodology for episodes that aired in two parts but are released as single on DVD, and not exclusive to cartoons as the examples given show.
As such, it would seem to be up to applications to know how to use the information and regroup the parts of metadata for a single file.

sufr3ak

Postby sufr3ak » Wed May 22, 2019 7:08 am

I understand your point, but I think in this case, the episodes aren't split. They're a single episode, with 2 parts, as the first post on that other thread explained.

I understand the DVD season, but in this case, unlike most animated, it's all 1 episode. I have other kids shows which are 2 short unrelated episodes. I get, (but often disagree) with the reasoning on those.

The admin on that thread, lfatone, seems to agree as well.

I would be happy to take the time, today, this week, whenever, to go clean up the episodes to their proper naming and number. (I am aware that Amazon butchers the S/E model used, but they're not the standard for it.)

If you check the https://web.archive.org/web/20190328165 ... /episodes/ (they restructured the site, so the episode list is gone), you'll see, Season 1 only had 40 episodes, not 78 or 80

https://www.pbs.org/show/daniel-tigers- ... /episodes/ which is the official page, also has the episodes listed.

Mistywing
Site Moderator

Postby Mistywing » Wed May 22, 2019 1:28 pm

I'll talk to him about it and he or I will probably get back to this a bit later with more details.
I'm not 100% on making the changes right now (or yesterday for that matter) with the word choice of "it should be," it implies a bit of uncertainty still.
Since the older seasons are decided by previous staff and relatively old/established (7 years ago), changes of this order will (implies certainty) mess up or mess with the users down the line, so the decision to do this needs to be absolutely certain.

sufr3ak

Postby sufr3ak » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:57 am

Thank you Misty - any chance of an update. I recognize the implications, but hopefully the reasoning is clear