Outcast Season 2

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
halfblood

Outcast Season 2

Postby halfblood » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:25 am

Hi again,
In the season 2, the dates are wrong, cause the season was released in 2017. It should be:

2x1: 2017-04-10
2x2: 2017-04-10
2x3: 2017-04-17
2x4: 2017-04-24
2x5: 2017-05-01
2x6: 2017-05-08
2x7: 2017-05-15
2x8: 2017-05-22
2x9: 2017-05-29
2x10: 2017-06-05

Source: IMDb

Thank you in advance. :mrgreen:

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Outcast Season 2

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:36 am

Nope, those are FoxUK dates. Cinemax has the lead.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

dazed

Outcast Season 2

Postby dazed » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:44 am

Season 2 is off by a year, it aired in 2017 not 2018 and is locked so can't change it

dazed

Postby dazed » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:02 am

Wasn't this made by Fox and Cinemax bought the right for the US ?

hoffy97

Postby hoffy97 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 am

Aren't the dates supposed to be where it first airs? The show is produced by "Fox International Studios" for Cinemax; Cinemax isn't the producer. Fox International releases it in the rest of the world. Season 2 premiered on FoxUK in 2017; airing in the US July 2018. Shouldn't these have the 2017 dates then?

If a post is moved to "Denied" is it no longer read, or will this get seen?

Maretoh

Postby Maretoh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Like you said, it was produced for Cinemax, that had the lead for Season 1, so it'll keep the lead for Season 2.
An episode a day keeps the doctor away.

Peloquin

Postby Peloquin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:39 am

I think we are missing a common sense approach here.

Just because the show was produced for Cinemax shouldn't mean only their air dates should be shown when they did not premier each season.
What makes most sense is that the first air date be shown irrespective of the broadcaster showing it
Following the logic being used at present, if this show had not shown on on Cinemax at all then the air dates would have to be changed to never aired and that is objectively not the case.
What we have at present is a field for original air dates which is being populated with dates aired on their Season 1 broadcast channel and that is not the same thing.
Perhaps there needs to be a per season lead or even per episode.
At present this incorrect metadata is being parsed by multiple media applications and presenting episodes of a show broadcast over a year ago as upcoming and it has the effect of mismanaging media and causing confusion.
Arguments to the effect of "it's not how we do things" really point at the flaws in theTVDB.com's policies rather than a flaw in the request to have information corrected.
I have seen people point out that this is likely to come up again and if theTVDB.com is to be a useful source for TV show information then the first air date for episodes must be accurate. It is accurate to say that these are the air dates for this broadcaster but not that it is the first air date. I fail to see the value in prioritising anything over the first air date. If a show's episode was first aired on FoxUK then I should be able to see that reflected in theTVDB.com.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:14 am

I can tell you the administration's view on this very subject, because I've pushed for it a few times.
You won't like it.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Peloquin

Postby Peloquin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:03 am

It's a very hard subject to find a suitable solution for and I can see administration's reasoning in keeping things simpler as they are.
If I were to have it my way and have all the episodes with their premier air dates then that opens the possibility of getting air dates from any country and any time. There are lots of questions to ask, for example:

What if a US show is shown in France before it is shown in the US and only a French language version was premièred?
What if a show is shown on the same day but in a different timezone, does the network in the earlier zone get the première?
What if a show is delayed with the original network due to a domestic holiday/national event and shown by other international network on the original intended date? If you were to go with that date then which network would you choose?
What if the network of the première broadcasts a censored/altered version of the show? Which then counts?

I can see it is a prickly subject and what I propose does have consequences but leaving things as they are just isn't tenable. I now know that without a change to policy I will not be able to trust air dates from theTVDB.com without checking elsewhere and that kind of defeats the purpose of having this site in the first place.