Bleach Update (Summer 2011)

Keep out! Low flying bears!
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Bleach Update (Summer 2011)

Postby hikaricore » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:00 pm

After having time to catch up on Bleach in the last couple weeks, I've gone ahead and adjusted some things so that it's more reasonably split by arc. Now currently tvrage is doing something retarded (there's one season with 4 episodes which start at number 5... they also put fillers related to the previous arc at the start of a new season instead of the end of the related season.. so yea the hell with that) and I'm ignoring it, however the changes are minimal and you shouldn't have to do much to your libraries to correct your entries. I don't want to hear any whining or complaining because I had to renumber some of my files too. It took me about 5 minutes so get over it. For the time being the current season will be known as 15 and starts at episode 317 (invading army arc). Season 16 is empty and locked to prevent duplication and general jackassery. I'm leaving season 15 unlocked on good faith that you bastards won't start dumping garbage in there and renumbering the episodes. If this happens I may be forced to lock it and do all the updating myself, no one wants that because quite frankly I don't care much about Bleach right now and I'll probably be slow to update it. So that said don't screw with the numbering or duplicate episodes from other seasons and we'll all get along just peachy.

RVCA18

Bleach (Summer 2011) Question

Postby RVCA18 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:04 am

Hikariiiiiiiicoreeeeeee!!!

I read the bleach summer update post and I was just wondering (off the top of your head) if there was any particular earlier season that needs to be changed. After seeing what "season 16" looked like at the beginning of the year (mostly fillers) I lost interest, but now that I finished watching EVERY episode of Naruto + Naruto Shippuuden, I figured it was about time to catch up.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Re: Bleach (Summer 2011) Question

Postby hikaricore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:19 am

Best I can tell from all the resources available and my own viewing of the series, everything is split properly in arcs. Honestly I wish the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo crap could be all in one season, but considering it took place over the course of nearly 3 years and was interspersed with other random arcs for no good reason, this is totally impossible if not simply unreasonable on my part. :) Btw, if you haven't watched season 13 yet I highly recommend avoiding it unless you want to be bored out of your damn mind. :p Worst arc ever.

RVCA18

Re: Bleach Update (Summer 2011)

Postby RVCA18 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:02 am

Yea I stopped after the whole Aizen/Soul Society/Karakura Town debacle. I see what you did with the series now, moved like 6 of the lonely episodes from 14 to 13 and 15/16 got adjusted down. Have to whip out excel/mkvmerge now and start doing a mass rename on my files -_-

Bleach_SxxExxAxx_EP Name.mkv

Q_Q :lol:

I do prefer it this way though, the season 14 with only a few episodes didn't make much sense.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:17 am

Blame that one the old tvrage listing and me not bothering to watch the series for 2 years. :p
The new arc however has my full attention as it's full of awesome and Kon. I still want Nel back though. :(
Btw, if your OS supports it I recommend using symlinks instead of renaming. Will save you tons of hassle down the line with anime.

RVCA18

Postby RVCA18 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:16 am

Not really sure how to use them, and from what I read it seems like it's making more directories for me to manage that just redirects content from another directory to the new one. I think would cause more hassle then I'd like.

I mean if I had all my videos in one place, and then used symlinks to make the directories with content I guess that would work but right now I have all videos already organized in Series/Season fashion. Still how would a symlink help with the renaming portion?

Blah don't answer that, should probably go in another thread somewhere else :)