Get more competent mods please. / The Hikaricore Fan Club!

Keep out! Low flying bears!
furby
Site Moderator

Re: Get more competent mods please. / The Hikaricore Fan Clu

Postby furby » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

hikaricore wrote:
g_d wrote:How about exception in exchange for donations? :shock:

Especially no.

Now now, let's not be too hasty
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

ingeon

Postby ingeon » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:55 am

dwjp90 wrote:We have a FEW exceptions that are in place until the New site sails, then they will be gone.

Is there a list of shows which is planned to get dumped. I`m interested in updating a show but don`t want to
put in all the time if it will end up just being dumped anyways ;)

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 pm

About the best you're going to get is this: http://www.thetvdb.com/?string=DUPLICAT ... ion=Search Anything that has already been marked as a duplicate will eventually be removed, however most of these entries are locked so you shouldn't have to worry about inadvertently editing them and wasting your time.

dwjp90
Former Moderator

Postby dwjp90 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:55 am

ingeon wrote:
dwjp90 wrote:We have a FEW exceptions that are in place until the New site sails, then they will be gone.

Is there a list of shows which is planned to get dumped. I`m interested in updating a show but don`t want to
put in all the time if it will end up just being dumped anyways ;)

The exceptions aren't going to be dumped, but merged. The reason on why they still exist is because of the HUGE amount of work involved with moving them with the current mod tools.

Dragon ball series, Naruto and a few others.

Changes made would be carried over.
I'm semi-retired atm, but I appear occasionally

kiwijunglist

Hikaricore

Postby kiwijunglist » Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 am

Hi

I've contributed a lot of content in the form of episode thumbnails as well as missing artwork for multiple shows over the past 3 years. I find the thetvdb.com site invaluable for my media PC which runs mediaportal + my tv series.

However due to the repeated negative attitude of the mod Hikaricore I no longer wish to be an active part of this community.

I wish all the other moderators the best, in particular furby

Regards
Mike

generica
Site Moderator

Re: Hikaricore

Postby generica » Wed May 15, 2013 6:23 am

kiwijunglist wrote:However due to the repeated negative attitude of the mod Hikaricore I no longer wish to be an active part of this community

Because he told you to bugger off?
Seems a bit of an over-reaction to me.

It aint easy being a mod and having people constantly bringing up issues like 'The Bible' where decisions have been made, with good reasons.

In fact, I'm pretty sure he told me to bugger off (or worse) when I first showed up on the forums, asking for the millionth time why the Caprica epsiodes had the wrong airdates. I sucked it up and got over it, and stayed around here. Turns out I was wrong, and the airdates were right.

Hang around, eh, it's not that big of a deal.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Wed May 15, 2013 8:34 am

Maybe we should keep discussing the issue and respond politely to everyone who posts a pile of invalid sources attempting to change our decision on a series which is clearly already listed 100% accurately. That might be a better use of our time than saying no and moving on to actual requests.

kiwijunglist

Postby kiwijunglist » Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 am

Just to be clear I have nothing against the other mods, or the decisions of mods as to how to handle a series. My problem is with repeated bad attitude and unprofessionalism of hakaricore towards me and other users.

furby
Site Moderator

Re: Hikaricore

Postby furby » Wed May 15, 2013 9:10 am

kiwijunglist wrote:Hi

I've contributed a lot of content in the form of episode thumbnails as well as missing artwork for multiple shows over the past 3 years. I find the thetvdb.com site invaluable for my media PC which runs mediaportal + my tv series.

However due to the repeated negative attitude of the mod Hikaricore I no longer wish to be an active part of this community.

I wish all the other moderators the best, in particular furby

Regards
Mike

Thanks and that's a shame, hope you change your mind.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Wed May 15, 2013 10:06 am

kiwijunglist wrote:Just to be clear I have nothing against the other mods, or the decisions of mods as to how to handle a series. My problem is with repeated bad attitude and unprofessionalism of hakaricore towards me and other users.

If you have nothing against how we decide to handle a series then why did you post in the first place? You were one in a long line of people who simply decided we were wrong and needed to change something that had been settled. How many times do I have to respond to such requests before I'm permitted to be a bit ticked off? 10? 20? 100? I don't think you really understand what we have to deal with here and how irritating it can get when folks just keep pushing. My response to you was quite tame and if you took it in a way that it wasn't intended then I really can't do much about that. The matter is settled and that should have been clear from the current (and several other locked) thread(s) about how we would not be changing it. Stir up the anthill then throw a fit when you get bitten. Seriously?