Get more competent mods please. / The Hikaricore Fan Club!

Keep out! Low flying bears!
henryford

Re: Get more competent mods please.

Postby henryford » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 am

ManiacB wrote:You mean like this?
No - I mean on the site itself, not here in the forums.
So that when you access American Dad! (thanks hikaricore, was indeed mixing them up) on thetvdb (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73141&lid=7) you get the information displayed right along the main entry.

henryford

Re: Get more competent mods please. / The Hikaricore Fan Clu

Postby henryford » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 am

Sorry for the double post, can't edit any longer (can I only edit for a minute or so? I saw that you scorned a user for double-posting earlier. Well... if you can't edit your posts longer than a few minutes, you have to double post if you want to add something).
--------
But maybe I'm putting too much hope into people - I admit that a lot of users are simply dumb as the sun is bright (as I said - worked in customer service for a long time, that really gives you an insight on just how stupid people are. "My E-Mail isn't working" "Are you connected to the internet?" "You mean Google? No, that always displays The Website cannot be displayed" "Yeah, then you probably have an internet failure and I cannot help you with that" "What has Internet to do with that? I WANT E-MAIL, YOU MORON!")

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:35 am

This is actually planned for the new site (no ETA) so it will be possible in the future. As for the inability to edit, users were posting very hostile messages (directed towards each other as well as moderators) only to go back and change them later whilst acting totally innocent. This was the best solution to prevent such flipflopping. :/

willburstyle06

Postby willburstyle06 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Hikaricore is the most incompetent moderator i have ever seen. Also hes a fucking dick whenever he happens to respond to you. Fuck you hikaricore.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:01 pm

willburstyle06 wrote:Hikaricore is the most incompetent moderator i have ever seen. Also hes a fucking dick whenever he happens to respond to you. Fuck you hikaricore.

So, I guess I won't be checking the Pokémon Xml for errors tomorrow afterwords. Thanks for saving me the time.

willburstyle06

Postby willburstyle06 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Lol making yourself look like more of a jerk in a forum about you being a jerk..good job

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:55 am

I don't think you actually understand what's happening here..

Merlinium

Postby Merlinium » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:04 pm

Just dropping my $.02 worth. While I have not read every post in this topic, and not sure if anyone has pointed out an obvious yet. But I can see why a series would be locked even if it isn't completely correct.

One reason would be some user has taken it upon himself (which i did when i first got into this site for a series I thought was marked way wrong (Grand Designs)) and after being asked to cease and let the mods take care of it but still went ahead and changed it again, a MOD would lock it so that he does not have to spend what little spare time he has to fix other stuff, re-fixing what some user has changed without going through the proper sequence of events to get a change done.

Now while I understand from a users point of view we want our series to reflect truly the complete series and that our libraries metadata is correct when we choose to watch something, and it gets mighty frustrating when we know a series really well because we watch it constantly and like to think we know just about everything there is to know about our favorite series only to find that metadata scan for the library has trashed the sequence or renamed episodes in a completely different order.

My past experience is Moderator for one of the top gaming sites 3 years running (UT 1999 - 2001) DAMIT Clan servers, and I was known as a mean admin cause I didn't put up with BS from unruly players using our servers, but everyone wanted to use our servers because we didn't have a lot of unruly players. Also I have many years in customer support and can appreciate the frustration from both sides.

Final word, with all that being said, I find this site extremely useful, and for controversial series I just use whats posted and make sure the episodes are named and numbered correctly before renaming them.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:56 am

Hikaricore stole my heart... and my Tonka dump truck! Give it back, ass! :P
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.