Get more competent mods please. / The Hikaricore Fan Club!

Keep out! Low flying bears!
Locked
nfusion

Tue May 17, 2011 3:05 pm

This is a sad ... sad turn out.

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6312

First 2 threads were improperly marked by hikco as 'completed'.
Third one was supposedly being addressed by an admin since the previous mod marked the first 2 improperly without doing the fixes.

Now the arrogant mod decides to lock the third thread, that was specifically directed to an admin because I was 'bumping' the thread every few weeks because of nothing being done?

You guys pride yourselves on being accurate, yet when a detailed post providing OFFICIAL sources is made pointing out problems that are series wide, it pretty much gets ignored?

I'm not flaming, I realize everyone has a rl, a job, etc, and this website is secondary, if not tertiary to all that, But seriously now, going on 2 months and still its not fixed? Why are series even locked if they're quality is not being confirmed before being locked.

I'm not nominating myself as a mod. Obviously, as enthusiastic as I would be to fix some of the shit, I clearly don't get along with a particular childish mod. I therefore suggest you look at your longer time members and see if some of them want to step it up and be a mod, and help in cleaning up the outstanding requests, or at the very least, deal with new members more politely to foster a contributing environment.

2 Months for what is relatively a simple fix (since I outlined every fucking thing for you all in excel with filters!) is a bit absurd.

Now if you guys would rather coast on the 'ignorance is bliss' concept, and prefer that your user-base do not contribute or point out the deficiencies and errors, that's fine too.

But flat out locking my thread because its been bumped numerous times, rather than taking the time to fix it, when the user has taken the time to detail the problem is pretty shitty. Note that its the same mod locking the threads that initially failed to set the seasons in the right order to begin with. (Ironic, or trying to cover their tracks?)

Like I said, normally, I wouldn't even care, but I explicitly asked if I should bother pointing out the problems since researching and compiling all that TAKES TIME. (Note: the series is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY FUCKED, cause the mod that maintains it, didn't do any quality check vs the official source). The response I got from szori (admin) was: "If you list the exact episodes that need updating, I'll handle them. This is going to piss off a lot of people, but it's the right thing to do. :("

Yet we fast forward over a month (from that quote), and nothing's done.

If this post is considered problematic, feel free to toss me another one of your 'warnings' or just flat out ban me if you want. I don't see the point of being a active member that's trying to contribute if my contributions are going to be ignored, or worse, incorrectly marked as "completed" without doing jack shit.

/end rant...
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar
Posts: 5999
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:28 am

Tue May 17, 2011 3:30 pm

nfusion wrote:This is a sad ... sad turn out.

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6312

First 2 threads were improperly marked by hikco as 'completed'.
Third one was supposedly being addressed by an admin since the previous mod marked the first 2 improperly without doing the fixes.

Now the arrogant mod decides to lock the third thread, that was specifically directed to an admin because I was 'bumping' the thread every few weeks because of nothing being done?

You guys pride yourselves on being accurate, yet when a detailed post providing OFFICIAL sources is made pointing out problems that are series wide, it pretty much gets ignored?

I'm not flaming, I realize everyone has a rl, a job, etc, and this website is secondary, if not tertiary to all that, But seriously now, going on 2 months and still its not fixed? Why are series even locked if they're quality is not being confirmed before being locked.

I'm not nominating myself as a mod. Obviously, as enthusiastic as I would be to fix some of the shit, I clearly don't get along with a particular childish mod. I therefore suggest you look at your longer time members and see if some of them want to step it up and be a mod, and help in cleaning up the outstanding requests, or at the very least, deal with new members more politely to foster a contributing environment.

2 Months for what is relatively a simple fix (since I outlined every fucking thing for you all in excel with filters!) is a bit absurd.

Now if you guys would rather coast on the 'ignorance is bliss' concept, and prefer that your user-base do not contribute or point out the deficiencies and errors, that's fine too.

But flat out locking my thread because its been bumped numerous times, rather than taking the time to fix it, when the user has taken the time to detail the problem is pretty shitty. Note that its the same mod locking the threads that initially failed to set the seasons in the right order to begin with. (Ironic, or trying to cover their tracks?)

Like I said, normally, I wouldn't even care, but I explicitly asked if I should bother pointing out the problems since researching and compiling all that TAKES TIME. (Note: the series is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY FUCKED, cause the mod that maintains it, didn't do any quality check vs the official source). The response I got from szori (admin) was: "If you list the exact episodes that need updating, I'll handle them. This is going to piss off a lot of people, but it's the right thing to do. :("

Yet we fast forward over a month (from that quote), and nothing's done.

If this post is considered problematic, feel free to toss me another one of your 'warnings' or just flat out ban me if you want. I don't see the point of being a active member that's trying to contribute if my contributions are going to be ignored, or worse, incorrectly marked as "completed" without doing jack shit.

/end rant...
To be completely honest with you here, at this point you'd be better off sneakily making a new account and changing your tone. The general consensus around here is that you're a whiny little bitch who pitches a fit when you don't get your way, and as such no one wants to be bothered putting any time or effort into your requests. As I said before the lock was done for your own good in an attempt to quell the situation before you pissed him off again. You really should have just let it go for the time being and waited patiently like was suggested. It's obvious this isn't just a simple fix and it requires way more time than you really come off as being worth. Either get over it or get out, I imagine I speak for quite a few of us when I say that.
nfusion

Tue May 17, 2011 4:20 pm

quote from hick:

To be completely honest with you here, at this point you'd be better off sneakily making a new account and changing your tone. The general consensus around here is that you're a whiny little bitch who pitches a fit when you don't get your way, and as such no one wants to be bothered putting any time or effort into your requests. As I said before the lock was done for your own good in an attempt to quell the situation before you pissed him off again. You really should have just let it go for the time being and waited patiently like was suggested. It's obvious this isn't just a simple fix and it requires way more time than you really come off as being worth. Either get over it or get out, I imagine I speak for quite a few of us when I say that.

#1) I don't pitch fits, thats what you do when posts aren't made in the exact manor that your anal ass is expecting.

#2) No one wants to be bothered? Really? Seems you're the only "mod" that I've actually spoken to. If you call this banter 'speaking'.

#3) It may not be a simple fix, you are correct. However, it may not even have required a fix if you had done your job properly prior to locking the series. (You locked The Office, You Locked Family Guy), and they both have problems.

#4) I imagine you in fact do not speak for a "few of the mods", I am very vocal, I'll grant you that. However, I am not wrong. Its quite obvious you've done a pretty shitty job in regards to these 2 series, the massive errors speak for themselves. I don't imagine I've pissed off any mod cause based on my post history, I haven't talked to any except you.

#5) I'd be more inclined to believe that the other mods didn't touch my request because it was titled: "@ Sziori", especially since he said he was looking into it.

#6) Why are you even reading and replying to me? Didn't you say you had me on ignore cause I'm not worth your time? Yet here you are sniping my posts cause I am pointing out the hypocrisy. U mad bro?

#7) Get lost tool. You think just cause you have a green title that says "moderator", you immediately deserve respect? Sorry buddy, gotta earn it like everyone else. And judging by the tone of your responses to new members, you've got a long way to go.
nfusion

Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 pm

p.s.: I got 2 kudos from fellow members in PMs for speaking my mind and putting you in your place.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar
Posts: 5999
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:28 am

Tue May 17, 2011 5:10 pm

nfusion wrote:quote from hick:

To be completely honest with you here, at this point you'd be better off sneakily making a new account and changing your tone. The general consensus around here is that you're a whiny little bitch who pitches a fit when you don't get your way, and as such no one wants to be bothered putting any time or effort into your requests. As I said before the lock was done for your own good in an attempt to quell the situation before you pissed him off again. You really should have just let it go for the time being and waited patiently like was suggested. It's obvious this isn't just a simple fix and it requires way more time than you really come off as being worth. Either get over it or get out, I imagine I speak for quite a few of us when I say that.

#1) I don't pitch fits, thats what you do when posts aren't made in the exact manor that your anal ass is expecting.

#2) No one wants to be bothered? Really? Seems you're the only "mod" that I've actually spoken to. If you call this banter 'speaking'.

#3) It may not be a simple fix, you are correct. However, it may not even have required a fix if you had done your job properly prior to locking the series. (You locked The Office, You Locked Family Guy), and they both have problems.

#4) I imagine you in fact do not speak for a "few of the mods", I am very vocal, I'll grant you that. However, I am not wrong. Its quite obvious you've done a pretty shitty job in regards to these 2 series, the massive errors speak for themselves. I don't imagine I've pissed off any mod cause based on my post history, I haven't talked to any except you.

#5) I'd be more inclined to believe that the other mods didn't touch my request because it was titled: "@ Sziori", especially since he said he was looking into it.

#6) Why are you even reading and replying to me? Didn't you say you had me on ignore cause I'm not worth your time? Yet here you are sniping my posts cause I am pointing out the hypocrisy. U mad bro?

#7) Get lost tool. You think just cause you have a green title that says "moderator", you immediately deserve respect? Sorry buddy, gotta earn it like everyone else. And judging by the tone of your responses to new members, you've got a long way to go.
@1: Yes you do, in many cases you post shit without proper sources or you reply to your own post 8 times only listing sources in the 5th post where it gets overlooked. You've also been flatout wrong many many times and when I close your threads and mark them accordingly you make another one or grandstand like you've done here half a dozen times. Least we forget I've had to ban you once before for repeatedly posting a thread where you disagreed with the outcome. If this isn't a fit, I'm not sure what is.

@2: Your status is as such that most of the mods don't want to deal with you, that's why you haven't spoken to them they're not paying attention to your antics.

@3: While I did lock these series it's only because I've worked on them in the past and relocked them after I was finished. This doesn't automatically make them my responsibility to maintain.

@4: I'd like a large fry and a 10 piece chicken nugget please, with a sprite.

@5: You were explained the situation by him and I, there was no further posting needed, as a mod I'll damn well "touch" whatever needs touching. In your case a thread where if you didn't keep bumping it, it might have been handled by now. I can't speak for everyone else, but when I see that you have replied to one of your threads yet again it makes me cringe. There have been several occasions I came online all ready to get stuff done and saw 3 posts by you and decided against it.

@6: As I mentioned before while I will not assist with any of your requests I will reply to things as needed or if I feel the urge to poke you with a stick. Stop asking the same question in every other post you make.

@7: I don't care for or need respect, in fact my original request to be a mod stated that "I would be a complete and total bastard when necessary so that the other mods wouldn't have to". In this mostly thankless world of thetvdb I could give two shits about what anyone thinks of me, I get what I can done and that's all. For every self-righteous twit out there that hates me there are 3 that appreciate my work. A few people even have been allowed to email me directly with requests so that they don't have to wait long for assistance. Suck it.
nfusion wrote:p.s.: I got 2 kudos from fellow members in PMs for speaking my mind and putting you in your place.
That's nice.
User avatar
szsori
Site Admin
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:23 pm

Tue May 17, 2011 9:22 pm

hikaricore wrote:As I said before the lock was done for your own good in an attempt to quell the situation before you pissed him off again.
Too late. As of right now nfusion has been removed from the forums. If this continues he'll receive a full IP ban from the API as well.

I'll address some aspects of this so there's no confusion:
  1. Hikaricore did the right thing in locking The Office thread. Had he not done that it would have resulted in a ban at that time. He knew I was on the edge with this situation and user. I will look at The Office situation in the near future, once I actually have a few spare minutes to completely review it and look at the ramifications.
  2. As many people know, I have no problem helping out when people ask politely and follow the rules. I'm extremely laid back and normally don't let things bother me. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to be an asshole with the site, and more than one of those were with nfusion. That's pretty telling.
  3. What will immediately get you on my bad side is attacking the mods. If you have a problem with the mods, bring it up politely with them via PM. If they have PM disabled or continue after you've contacted them, then send me a PM. Hikaricore can attest that I've spoken to him in private about a couple of situations and he's always remedied them completely. I did not speak to him about this situation with nfusion because I agreed with everything that he was saying. I know from our moderator forum and IM chats with other owners/mods that most of us agreed with him.
  4. Sending me a PM/email every time you take issue with a mod's decision will also get you on my bad side. nfusion did this often (I got one tonight). In most cases our mods aren't making decisions just to suit their whimsy, they're making them based on established site rules. If you don't like those rules then bring it up in a polite manner in our general forum but understand that there's a good chance your request won't succeed. We have changed our rules in the past, but we try hard not to for a variety of reasons.
  5. Constantly bumping your threads will piss off the mods and I pretty quick. We understand you're waiting patiently for us to take care of it. Please understand that many of us are extremely busy and some of us only have a couple minutes each day to dedicate to this site. If you have time to spare, understand most of our rules and why they're in place, and would like to volunteer to be a moderator then please let me or Coco know. It's a thankless job, but it's very helpful to the community.
  6. I think nfusion wasn't aware that I'm not a regular mod. I'm the founder of the site and co-owner. I'm also the sole developer right now, although I've received wonderful offers from programmers that I'll accept when I have the site in a sane enough state. My personal time on the site is far better spent on the rewrite than responding to complaints or direct requests to update series. That doesn't mean I won't handle these things on occasion to try lightening the load for our mods, but I tend to mostly avoid it. I offered to look into The Office because it's such a popular series and the changes being requested were so significant. That doesn't mean I offered to take care of them immediately, though. Especially on a contentious issue, I prefer to leave it for a short time and get additional feedback before making the change. I also have a lot going on in Real Life.
So that sums it up. I'm unlocking this thread so people can give me feedback if desired. Feel free to speak your mind, but do so in a polite manner. You can say "Hikaricore has a bad attitude" (don't we have a separate thread for that?) or that my ban decision was wrong, but don't be an ass about it. I'm also moving this to General.
Colt.Seavers
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:25 am
Location: Sitting alongside Howie

Thu May 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Most supportive, thriving user communities have a culture that encourages users to ask questions, usually through brute-force moderation with a low-to-no-tolerance policy on ridiculing a question.

There doesn't appear to much of a community here at all I have to say, why would a mod volunteer to be a mod if the work irritates him?
I'm never seen with anything less than a nine, so fine.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar
Posts: 5999
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:28 am

Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 pm

The work doesn't irritate me, it's the users who don't follow instructions or our clearly defined rules that do that. :p Nfusion often posted 4 or 5 times in one thread before even bothering to link anything or took it upon himself to make declarations without them. I'm not sure if you can still search his post history, but I recommend giving it a good read for a list of things not to do when asking for assistance. Only once in a great while does someone actually annoy me, he was one of those rarities because he outright demanded things be done without so much as citing sources then continued bumping his own thread until one of us (usually me) told him to stfu. There are several series on here that I manage myself off and on throughout the week, as such the choice to become a mod was obvious but possibly a little overwhelming at times. I do enjoy helping out around here, but there are just some people who have absolutely no concern for anything but their own agenda and those bad apples sour the whole damn picnic. Hopefully now that we have one less flamer on the forum it will be a little easier to focus on what needs to be done and we can move on.
yeeho

Thu May 19, 2011 6:10 pm

This is going to be my last post, so read it long and reflect on what total doofuses you guys are




hikaricore wrote:
@1: Yes you do, in many cases you post shit without proper sources or you reply to your own post 8 times only listing sources in the 5th post where it gets overlooked.
Then do a better job and read the entire fucking thread and all my posts before marking it "completed", CORRECT information provided late does not mean it wasn't provided. Understand?

hikaricore wrote: You've also been flatout wrong many many times and when I close your threads and mark them accordingly you make another one or grandstand like you've done here half a dozen times.
You mean like the time you claimed I made 3 threads on American Thread before issuing a warning, when the admins AGREED with me you exagerated and I had only made 2? Or the time where you claimed I was previously "temp banned" when in fact I got 2 worthless warnings from you? Those kinds "wrongs?"

hikaricore wrote: Least we forget I've had to ban you once before for repeatedly posting a thread where you disagreed with the outcome. If this isn't a fit, I'm not sure what is.
Lol see above paragraph.



hikaricore wrote: @2: Your status is as such that most of the mods don't want to deal with you, that's why you haven't spoken to them they're not paying attention to your antics.
Follow their lead, and move on then instead of attempting to troll me, I understand you are desperate for attention but this is sad. You have the opportunity to ignore me, I unfortunately am unable to ignore worthless mods due to limitations on the website.

hikaricore wrote:

@3: While I did lock these series it's only because I've worked on them in the past and relocked them after I was finished. This doesn't automatically make them my responsibility to maintain.
Yeah, and we can see what a fantastic fucking job you've done in the series you've locked.
Wrong episode pictures, wrong episode names, merged incorrect names (even though I cited official sites), summaries riddled with grattical errors. Why bother if you can't do it right? Stick to modding your shitty japaneese animes.




hikaricore wrote:
@4: I'd like a large fry and a 10 piece chicken nugget please, with a sprite.
And I'd like you to go jump in front of a moving plane, but doesn't look like either of us are going to get what we want.


hikaricore wrote: @5: You were explained the situation by him and I, there was no further posting needed, as a mod I'll damn well "touch" whatever needs touching.
Then dont cry and say you wont give me any attention and how you have me on ignore when you obviously dont.
hikaricore wrote:
In your case a thread where if you didn't keep bumping it, it might have been handled by now. I can't speak for everyone else, but when I see that you have replied to one of your threads yet again it makes me cringe. There have been several occasions I came online all ready to get stuff done and saw 3 posts by you and decided against it.
Those bumps were done over a period of several days/weeks, so I call bullshit on your whole "I was ready to help but decided not to because you bumped it twice"

hikaricore wrote: @6: As I mentioned before while I will not assist with any of your requests I will reply to things as needed or if I feel the urge to poke you with a stick. Stop asking the same question in every other post you make.
The sad part is, if you aren't a respected mod, and you most certainly aren't. No one takes you seriously, you can keep throwing tantrums, and whine about users and beg the admins to ban people because you want to go on a power trip, if that'll make you happy. But that won't make you right.

hikaricore wrote:

@7: I don't care for or need respect, in fact my original request to be a mod stated that "I would be a complete and total bastard when necessary so that the other mods wouldn't have to".
I dont give a shit what your original request stated. Its pretty obvious you are demanding request when you verbally assault users with 1-2 posts for doing shit wrong, rather than taking the time to train them. You sir, are a fucking tool.
hikaricore wrote:
In this mostly thankless world of thetvdb
Cry me a river.

hikaricore wrote: I could give two shits about what anyone thinks of me, I get what I can done and that's all.
What do you actually get done? aside from marking shit incorrectly as completed? 12 pages of unaswered queries on the board, why dont you go do your job, or step down and let a worthwhile mod step up to the plate.
hikaricore wrote:
For every self-righteous twit out there that hates me there are 3 that appreciate my work.
I doubt it, but for every 3 that appreciate your work, there are 100s that think you are a total ass fuck and should be banned from the forum for abusing mods.
hikaricore wrote: A few people even have been allowed to email me directly with requests so that they don't have to wait long for assistance. Suck it.
Am I supposed to be impressed that a mod actually COMMUNICATES with the community? What a novel concept.


szsori wrote:
Too late. As of right now nfusion has been removed from the forums. If this continues he'll receive a full IP ban from the API as well.
Don't bother, this'll be my last post, and its not like you can ban me anyways. Proxy + DSL.

szsori wrote:
I'll address some aspects of this so there's no confusion:
  1. Hikaricore did the right thing in locking The Office thread. Had he not done that it would have resulted in a ban at that time. He knew I was on the edge with this situation and user. I will look at The Office situation in the near future, once I actually have a few spare minutes to completely review it and look at the ramifications.
You do realize, that I was bumping in case some other mod wanted to step up and fix it since you were obviously too busy? The bump wasn't meant to annoy you, it was to be a flag that says "HEY THIS IS A PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT SERIES, FIX ME!!"
szsori wrote:

[*]As many people know, I have no problem helping out when people ask politely and follow the rules. I'm extremely laid back and normally don't let things bother me. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to be an asshole with the site, and more than one of those were with nfusion. That's pretty telling.
Please count how many times your particular mod has been an asshole, and get back to me.


szsori wrote:
[*]What will immediately get you on my bad side is attacking the mods.
If the mods were doing their job properly, they'd be liked. You're not their mother and their holy defender. They're big boys, they should handle themselves without crying to you.

szsori wrote:
If you have a problem with the mods, bring it up politely with them via PM. If they have PM disabled or continue after you've contacted them, then send me a PM.
I did that, to you and coco. Clearly both of you did jack shit to intervene and stop the abusive behavior, and by your post above, you actually encourage it by pickign a mod that supposedly said that he would be a total asshat in his mod application?


szsori wrote: Hikaricore can attest that I've spoken to him in private about a couple of situations and he's always remedied them completely.
Yeah we can see the progress in his attitude, its like night and day.
szsori wrote:
I did not speak to him about this situation with nfusion because I agreed with everything that he was saying.
That's contrary to the PM you sent me where you claimed that I was right, and hikari is wrong about a few things (re: american dad postings). But its nice if you want to lie about taking my side now after Im "banned".

szsori wrote: I know from our moderator forum and IM chats with other owners/mods that most of us agreed with him.
"Most"? But not all? This means that even some of your owners/mods/admins dont agree with hikaricore and agree with a "newbie" like me. That's rather shocking. Look into that will you?

szsori wrote:
[*]Sending me a PM/email every time you take issue with a mod's decision will also get you on my bad side. nfusion did this often (I got one tonight).
I did it 3x, cause hikari was on my back for every post I made, why not go look at my post history where a ton of my posts were moved and marked incorrectly as completed. Hell in 2 of them hick even said he admitted he was wrong to move it, but wont do anything about it (left it locked in completed), I guess you missed that part? Also, the msg I sent that other day wasn't even really a PM, all it was was a link to this thread so you can look at it yourself. I didn't ask you to do anything, so claiming I PM'd you cause I took issue is a bit of an exageration when all I implicitly said was: "read".
szsori wrote:
In most cases our mods aren't making decisions just to suit their whimsy, they're making them based on established site rules.
Yes, MOST mods. Hik doesn't apply, look @ the threads, he is hated. Ask yourself why?


szsori wrote:
[*]Constantly bumping your threads will piss off the mods and I pretty quick.
Then have a rule for no bumping for 48 hours or 1 week like many forums do. Warn users for bumping, or heres a novel idea, get mods that do their job so the requests are resolved, making the need to bump redundant.
szsori wrote:
We understand you're waiting patiently for us to take care of it. Please understand that many of us are extremely busy and some of us only have a couple minutes each day to dedicate to this site. If you have time to spare, understand most of our rules and why they're in place, and would like to volunteer to be a moderator then please let me or Coco know. It's a thankless job, but it's very helpful to the community.
Somehow I dont think this offer is open to me :lol:
szsori wrote:

[*]I think nfusion wasn't aware that I'm not a regular mod. I'm the founder of the site and co-owner. I'm also the sole developer right now, although I've received wonderful offers from programmers that I'll accept when I have the site in a sane enough state. My personal time on the site is far better spent on the rewrite than responding to complaints or direct requests to update series.
I knew from the start you werent a regular mod, thats why I messaged the 2 admins I found (coco, and yourself). I agree that your time shouldn't be spent dealing with this shit if you are the sole developper. But if the mods were better trained and not total asshats, and just generally nice, you wouldn't have complaints against them.

I've moderated a few large forums in the past, I can genuinely say I was well liked, and certainly never had to deal with complaints about me.
szsori wrote:


That doesn't mean I won't handle these things on occasion to try lightening the load for our mods, but I tend to mostly avoid it. I offered to look into The Office because it's such a popular series and the changes being requested were so significant.
They were significant because the hick let the series rot by not updating it properly as it aired.

szsori wrote: That doesn't mean I offered to take care of them immediately, though. Especially on a contentious issue, I prefer to leave it for a short time and get additional feedback before making the change. I also have a lot going on in Real Life.
No, not immediately, but within 2 months isn't asking for too much, especially after "numerous" bumps.

szsori wrote: So that sums it up. I'm unlocking this thread so people can give me feedback if desired. Feel free to speak your mind, but do so in a polite manner. You can say "Hikaricore has a bad attitude" (don't we have a separate thread for that?) or that my ban decision was wrong, but don't be an ass about it. I'm also moving this to General.
Nice little attempt at humor saying that we already have a thread about hick's attitude. What are you doing about it other than encouraging that behavior?

P.S. Like I said, don't bother with the ban, It's quite obvious this community (if I can even call it that), is run with an iron fist, and doesn't actually support contributions. Have a look at TMDB, No "locks" needed, and it seems to work just fine...
yeeho

Thu May 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Colt.Seavers wrote:Most supportive, thriving user communities have a culture that encourages users to ask questions, usually through brute-force moderation with a low-to-no-tolerance policy on ridiculing a question.

There doesn't appear to much of a community here at all I have to say, why would a mod volunteer to be a mod if the work irritates him?
Thank you for your support.
Locked