Gumby Adventures

Request & discuss changes to series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
Please read our rules before posting, especially regarding Specials, remakes & reboots, and sources of truth.
Be sure to link to the series/episode page on TheTVDB, as well as your Sources of Truth backing up the request
Wikipedia WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Please note that episode images cannot be replaced by regular users. To replace an image, create a post and link to both the exact episode and the replacement image (use imgur or similar) and a moderator will replace the image for you.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
benuathanasia

Fri May 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Hey,

After inputting all the air dates for the original Gumby show (so I could check them as watched on TVTime), I moved on to Gumby Adventures and saw that there were two listed seasons (which there shouldn't be). After looking at the two seasons, I saw that "Season 1" is just all the episodes from "Season 1988" grouped together (or "Season 1988" is all the episodes from "Season 1" blown out into their separate segments, depending on how you look at it).

Any way to delete one of the two seasons since they're just duplicates of each other?

Series: https://thetvdb.com/series/gumby-adventures

(Also, Chicken Feed isn't an episode from Gumby Adventures, but rather The Gumby Show, so this episode needs to be deleted from season 1 if season one is the one that stays)

Thanks
Gilly
Site Moderator

Fri May 22, 2020 4:23 pm

benuathanasia wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:52 pm
Hey,

After inputting all the air dates for the original Gumby show (so I could check them as watched on TVTime), I moved on to Gumby Adventures and saw that there were two listed seasons (which there shouldn't be). After looking at the two seasons, I saw that "Season 1" is just all the episodes from "Season 1988" grouped together (or "Season 1988" is all the episodes from "Season 1" blown out into their separate segments, depending on how you look at it).

Any way to delete one of the two seasons since they're just duplicates of each other?

Series: https://thetvdb.com/series/gumby-adventures

(Also, Chicken Feed isn't an episode from Gumby Adventures, but rather The Gumby Show, so this episode needs to be deleted from season 1 if season one is the one that stays)

Thanks
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17952
benuathanasia

Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 am

Didn't think it would need a source since just looking at it you can see it's duplicated, but here's the official guide from Art Clokey's site:
http://www.gumbyworld.com/gumby-pokey-e ... sode-list/
Gilly
Site Moderator

Sun May 24, 2020 7:40 am

benuathanasia wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:06 am
Didn't think it would need a source since just looking at it you can see it's duplicated, but here's the official guide from Art Clokey's site:
http://www.gumbyworld.com/gumby-pokey-e ... sode-list/
Hi benuathanasia,

Thanks for providing the source. It shows there were 99 episodes in the 1980s but unfortunately doesn't give air dates, although with a show so old I'm guessing it won't be possible to find a source that does.

Looking at the air dates of Season 1 on TVDB, that suggests 3 episodes were broadcast once per week. Even if multiple episodes were broadcast on the same day, each episode should have its own entry - like they have in the other show you mentioned (The Gumby Show) and like other shows on TVDB (e.g Beavis and Butt-head).

I'd therefore say Season 1988 would be the correct Season to keep, it would just need the air dates added.

Having said that, the episode order in Season 1 does not match the order in Season 1988 or the order provided in your source. Do you know if the episode order and air dates in Season 1 are correct?

There's also the question of whether it needs to be called "Season 1988" when there's only one season.

Thanks
benuathanasia

Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 am

I would defer to the episode order Art Clokey has on his site since he's the creator and (probably - no one is infallible) knows best. It also seems to be the order Amazon Prime uses for their listing. Though they've DEFINITELY been wrong before.
benuathanasia

Tue May 26, 2020 8:48 am

Air dates are available on The Big Cartoon Database and seems to be what Wikipedia users used to get their air dates, but they (BCDB) confess that the air dates are "estimates" and have the runtimes all wrong, so - while probably the closest to accurate we're likely to get - they're still probably not 100%.
Gilly
Site Moderator

Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 am

I'm wondering where the air dates in our current Season 1 came from. It's possible that they're also just estimates based on the fact the episodes were broadcast in 1988.

Quite often in shows, the production order of episodes is different to the aired order and we must use the aired order on TVDB. So using Art Clokey's site may not be accurate for what we require as it's not clear which order they've used (If indeed there's a difference). I did notice that there's a contact option on that website though. If you'd be willing to contact them using that, they may be able to clarify.

Alternatively, you could contact the network which originally broadcast the episodes, they may have the air dates in their archive. If you happen to know which network that was.

I'm just reluctant to delete the info we currently have on TVDB until we exhaust all potential sources of concrete evidence.

Thanks
benuathanasia

Thu May 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Gilly wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:56 am
If you'd be willing to contact them using that, they may be able to clarify.
Ok, I attempted the website contact form, but it doesn't work (it glitches out telling you that you need to complete the captcha...only there is no captcha...) I let them know through their Twitter account, so hopefully...
benuathanasia

Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm

I was able to get in touch through alternate routes and someone from Prema Vision (the parent company that owns Gumby) got back to me and said they'd get me the info when they can get back to the offices (yay covid).
Gilly
Site Moderator

Sun May 31, 2020 3:14 am

benuathanasia wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm
I was able to get in touch through alternate routes and someone from Prema Vision (the parent company that owns Gumby) got back to me and said they'd get me the info when they can get back to the offices (yay covid).
Nice work :)

I'll leave the thread here while we wait for them. Always best to have accurate records.

Thanks