Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.
In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
synco

Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Postby synco » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:37 pm

I already posted this as a reply in the previous topic about this show.
Which resulted in the deletion of the November 11 episode.
This was my reply:

I don't think the episode of November 11 should have been deleted because although it's an edited version of the live election night special it's not a repeat. It even contains bits that were not in the original broadcast.
I also don't really see the problem is with letting them both exist: One as a special and one as a regular episode. Even more so because the special even aired on another network (ShowTime instead of CBS).

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Re: Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:48 pm

No sources cited.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

dfjkl

Postby dfjkl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:58 am

CBS.com - http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show- ... lle-king-/

Please fix this. I just went through finally getting this all sorted out when that ep was removed and jacked up all my listings again.

bear269

Postby bear269 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:02 am

The same episode is jacking all my ep. Listings its not listed on imdb or gracenote

bear269

Postby bear269 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:20 am

Google s2 ep43 and every guide on the planet will point to 43. Eddie Redmayne/Bernie Sanders/Alton Brown/Chris Thile
5.9 14 Nov. 2016
However no one wants to fix this. We need to remove episode 43 and renumber the newer episodes then lock the numbering system for no edit. To keep guide current.

bear269

Postby bear269 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:39 am

Episode Number
While one would think that the episode number would be a simple affair there are several different ways that someone might choose to number the episodes on this site episodes are numbered in the order they aired on TV in the Country and on the Channel of Original Production. That being said the site does provide two alternative numbering methods.

Per the rules stated above it should be removed it is not in line with other info sources and it does not belong to the channel of original production.
Place it under showtime specials where it belongs

Maretoh

Postby Maretoh » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:21 am

Ok so you couldn't even wait 2 hours, you renumbered everything and nulled the episode in question. Great. What was even the title of this episode?
How come the listing here and on CBS are 4 episodes apart? (CBS S02E98 = TheTVDB S02E102).

Lys

Postby Lys » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:08 am

Looks like CBS didn't include episodes 64-68 in the season numbering.

Found archived pages for most of them:
12/20/2016 Bruce Springsteen, David Duchovny, Bryan Cranston
12/21/2016 Robert De Niro, Amy Schumer, John Krasinski, Millie Bobby Brown
12/22/2016 Will Smith, Anna Kendrick
12/23/2016 Chris Pratt, Jason Bateman, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, Stevie Wonder

The next episode after those ones was listed as S2E65 on CBS while we have it as S2E69.
Before these episodes, the numbering is off by one because CBS included the removed episode in the numbering as was pointed out before.

Moving #64-68 to specials and putting the original #43 back would make it match CBS if that's what the ideal route is.

bear269

Postby bear269 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:09 am

There seems to be a conflict with people putting election special as episode 43. The election special was a showtime broadcast. According to forum rules shows should be from network. It was aired on cbs with permission from cbs but the show in question is a showtime production not cbs

Lys

Postby Lys » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:39 am

In my opinion, a regular episode on CBS is higher priority than a special on Showtime. Even though the special came first, CBS does not treat their version as a special so it was included in their numbering as episode #43. Listing it differently makes it different from the official listings CBS has and throws the numbering off for the rest of the season. Other websites may have different numbering but the network's listing is the best source to work with in most cases.

Return to “Series Change Requests”