NFO Tutorial

This section of the forum is for our users to share their custom NFO files for alternate show orderings and "series" which do not belong directly in our database.
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for our users to share their custom NFO files for alternate show orderings and "series" which do not belong directly in our database. It will not be moderated except to remove abuse and spam so do not expect admin/mod support here. NFO files should be stored offsite on either cloud storage or similar hosting sites. Have fun and don't make us regret this.
SoonerLater

Re: NFO Tutorial

Postby SoonerLater » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:58 am

I was referred to this thread by this other thread. I've tried to create a custom NFO for the second unaired pilot for The Big Bang Theory. TheTVdb lists the first (2006). I'm trying to make one for the second (March 2007). What I created was:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
<title>Unaired Pilot 2007</title>
<showtitle>The Big Bang Theory</showtitle>
<rating>7.2</rating>
<season>0</season>
<episode>0</episode>
<displayseason>1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>1</displayepisode>
<plot>The second unaired pilot of The Big Bang Theory. This second unaired pilot was shown to TV executives in March, 2007. It is very different from the first (2006) unaired pilot. This was similar, but not identical, to the pilot that was eventually aired in September 2007.</plot>
<outline>The second unaired pilot of The Big Bang Theory. This second unaired pilot was shown to TV executives in March, 2007. It is very different from the first (2006) unaired pilot. This was similar, but not identical, to the pilot that was eventually aired in September 2007.</outline>
<mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>
<aired></aired>
<studio>CBS</studio>
<thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/80379/2321301.jpg</thumb>
</episodedetails>

Unfortunately, XBMC (Frodo 12.2) still does not pickup the second unaired pilot. Any suggestions on what I need to do to make XBMC list it?

OfficialDoughboy

Postby OfficialDoughboy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 am

I feel so bad for missing this. Haven't been on for a while. The fix to your problem is in the season tag. I believe changing the season from 0 to 1 will fix it.

And a precaution I like taking is making sure the file name is the same. For example: "The Big Bang Theory - 01x00 - Pilot 2007"

Then your NFO should be -

Code: Select all

<episodedetails>
    <rating>7.2</rating>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>0</episode>
    <plot>The second unaired pilot of The Big Bang Theory. This second unaired pilot was shown to TV executives in March, 2007. It is very different from the first (2006) unaired pilot. This was similar, but not identical, to the pilot that was eventually aired in September 2007.</plot>
    <outline>The second unaired pilot of The Big Bang Theory. This second unaired pilot was shown to TV executives in March, 2007. It is very different from the first (2006) unaired pilot. This was similar, but not identical, to the pilot that was eventually aired in September 2007.</outline>
    <mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
    <aired></aired>
    <studio>CBS</studio>
</episodedetails>

SoonerLater wrote:I was referred to this thread by this other thread. I've tried to create a custom NFO for the second unaired pilot for The Big Bang Theory. TheTVdb lists the first (2006). I'm trying to make one for the second (March 2007). What I created was:

<episodedetails>
<rating>7.2</rating>
<season>0</season>
<episode>0</episode>
<mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<aired></aired>
<studio>CBS</studio>
</episodedetails>

Unfortunately, XBMC (Frodo 12.2) still does not pickup the second unaired pilot. Any suggestions on what I need to do to make XBMC list it?

Eddy_ac

Postby Eddy_ac » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:58 pm

please update the NFOpad url

http://truehumandesign.se/s_nfopad.php

lvidmar

Postby lvidmar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:40 pm

utack

Postby utack » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Edit: nvm, fixed it. I thought "tvshow.nfo" was to use the tvshow name

plemo

Postby plemo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:36 am

Hi

I'm French, in my TV Show " Lost, les disparus " , there are 25 episods but only 24 on tvdb because it's an American show and in America there was only 24 episods ...

So I can't see my 25's episod on Kodi with the scrap on TVDB .

I would test the NFO File to see my episod in the list .

Question :

- Do I need to make two NFO for the TV Show and the Episod like the tutorial ?
- Or Only a NFO for the episod ?

Where Do I need to save the NFO file ?

Thanks a lot

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Postby polargeek » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:55 pm

plemo wrote:Hi

I'm French, in my TV Show " Lost, les disparus " , there are 25 episods but only 24 on tvdb because it's an American show and in America there was only 24 episods ...

So I can't see my 25's episod on Kodi with the scrap on TVDB .

I would test the NFO File to see my episod in the list .

Question :

- Do I need to make two NFO for the TV Show and the Episod like the tutorial ?
- Or Only a NFO for the episod ?

Where Do I need to save the NFO file ?

Thanks a lot

If the extra episode is the very last one then I believe you should only need an NFO file for that episode. Or if the difference is the last two you may want to create for both so that you can split the descriptions. If the difference is not at the end you would need a file for each episode.

Usually the file is saved in the same folder as the video file but different media centre softwares have different naming and location rules so you should probably check on the forums for whatever software you are using
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

plemo

Postby plemo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 am

It's OK I Succeeded :D

Now I have an other problem, In ' Dragon Ball Kai " on TVDB , there are somes errors on episods list .

- The Specials Episods have to be in folder " Specials " ou " Saison 00 " ?

- If I make NFO files for some Specials and some Season Episods who have error on TVDB , what can I do for the list on KODI should be in order ?
( Because in the NFO , we don't have the spec ' Absolute Order " and I think it's the absolute who make the order )

Thanks

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:24 am

you need to write that in the nfo includingg following code:
i dont have the specials so i´m takeing another special:
special03 have to show in season 3 before episode 8

Code: Select all

<displayseason>3</displayseason>
<displayepisode>8</displayepisode>

with this 2 lines in the nfo from the special Kodi knows it have to show this special in season 3 before episode 8.
hope that helped.
also there is no special need to put everything in a special folder. it´s enough when the specials are written correctly like: S00E01, S00E02 etc...
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.

plemo

Postby plemo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:34 am

Yes Thanks I helped me

But if I have 3 Specials following , How Can I write in the NFO for the first and the second because the next episode will be a Special and not a Episod on the Season ?