DVD order for Lost?

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
This Forum is READ-ONLY
If you believe that an item has been incorrectly marked as resolved, please start a new topic.
Lifeisabeach

Thu May 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Howdy all. I'm working on ripping my series set for Lost, and have them named in a manner recommended by the developer of iDentify (for OS X) to force it to scrape by DVD order (Lost.D01E01 for ex). It had been failing to retrieve the metadata and initially I assumed it was due to the site having some issues, but as it turns out, the listing for Lost is completely missing the DVD ordering info. I wound up using "Aired Order" since it's just the same really, but it seems odd that the DVD order tags aren't there. I was able to sort this out myself, but I can see this being a problem for others. Any chance of the DVD ordering tags being added? Or is there a reason that they aren't there? I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but the series is locked. Here's season 1, for ex:
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season ... &order=dvd
szsori
Site Admin

Tue May 31, 2011 9:49 am

I'll add these this week if no other mods get to it first.
mwkurt
Site Moderator

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:50 am

Would the DVD order be the same as the aired date order?

Thanks,
Mark
Lifeisabeach

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:41 am

mwkurt wrote:Would the DVD order be the same as the aired date order?
As far as I know, yes. Well lemme double-check since I have the Blu-Rays.

Ok, I can only go by the Blu-Ray release, but here are some differences:

Season 1: aired episode 24 was split into two parts as episodes 24/25 on the Blu-Ray release, but judging from a footnote in my booklet, that is only true for the BD and not the DVD (bizarre, eh?). I do understand that the site guidelines prefer to continue treating that as one episode still.

Season 2, episode 8: Title in booklet is Collision. Site here says Collision (a.k.a. Old Habits). As near as I can find, "Old Habits" may have been a working title for the episode but never officially used. It's not definitively listed as an alternate title in any listing I can find.

Season 3: The Missing Pieces "Mobisodes" are in a completely different, seemingly random order, and on the Season 4 discs as extras, not Season 3. They aren't listed as being a specific episode number on the BD menu. I can compile the order they are in if you'd like… running out of time at the moment.

Season 4: aired episodes 13 and 14 were combined as ep. 13 for Blu-Ray. I don't know if the same holds true for the DVD release.

Season 5: aired episodes 16 and 17 combined as ep. 16 for Blu-Ray, if not DVD also.

Season 6: Aired episodes 1 and 2 were combined as ep. 1 on Blu-Ray, and perhaps DVD. Naturally this affects numbering for subsequent episodes. Aired episodes 17 and 18 combined on BD (maybe DVD) as episode 16.

The various "recap" episodes listed as specials don't appear to be on the Blu-Rays.

One nitpick if it matters: The titles for multi-parters are listed with the parts as (1) and (2), while in the booklet they are (Part One), (Part Two).

There are a couple other errors in the entries when sorting by DVD order. The names and dates of the specials are inverted. It's obvious when you see it.
Lifeisabeach

Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:28 am

I really hate to bump the thread, but it's been over two weeks since I posted the requested info. I wouldn't mind adding the DVD sorting info myself, but the thread is locked. If I can be given access, I'd be glad to do it (I'm sure everyone is real busy), but I'd need a couple guidelines on handling the way some episodes were combined. I am familiar with how to edit here already.
dd314159
Site Moderator

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 am

post a DVD order list here or a link and i'll update the series.
ImageImageImage
szsori
Site Admin

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 am

I've finished seasons 1-3. 4 was already done. So we just need to do 5 and 6 to wrap this up.
hal

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:40 pm

dd314159 wrote:post a DVD order list here or a link and i'll update the series.
Hope this works for you. I've also been waiting for this to be updated for some time.

DVD Season # DVD Episode # Episode Name
6 1.0 LA X
6 2.0 What Kate Does
6 3.0 The Substitute
6 4.0 Lighthouse
6 5.0 Sundown
6 6.0 Dr. Linus
6 7.0 Recon
6 8.0 Ab Aeterno
6 9.0 The Package
6 10.0 Happily Ever After
6 11.0 Everybody Loves Hugo