National Geographic: Air Crash Investigation/Mayday

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
Rickard

Re: National Geographic: Air Crash Investigation/Mayday

Postby Rickard » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Found this on Wikipedia:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cflx-videos/int ... ter_12.pdf

This is from Cineflix themselves, so I guess it would be correct?

ahuch

Postby ahuch » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Rickard wrote:Found this on Wikipedia:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cflx-videos/int ... ter_12.pdf

This is from Cineflix themselves, so I guess it would be correct?

I think this is what it should be based off - not too much will have to be re-arranged by the looks of it.

http://i.minus.com/ibfsRhjZLfKSRF.jpg

guygg

Postby guygg » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:26 am

Hey, that's some great, authoritative information about this series, for once. Nice.

They even list the future season 12 episodes on that. Nice to see American 191 and United 173 on the list. Been wondering when the series would get to those.

I'd agree that this is as good as we're gonna get for an end-all, be-all definitive source of information.

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:59 am

Looks like a good list to me, unless someone else objects I'll go ahead and do this. Also, If anyone knows which episodes the images from the blanked episodes belong to post it here so I can move them.

Should say, I'm leaving the order of episodes where there are airdates entered. Sort of assuming they're correct. For the moment.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

manekineko
Goddess of Documentaries

Postby manekineko » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 am

Go ahead, furby. I still have enough to do with all the crap people put into other NatGeo series that were cleaned up just a moment ago.
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views."
-- Doctor Who, The Face of Evil

Pernod

Postby Pernod » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Excellent work on the changes. A couple of comments though:-
- Special ep.4 'All Engines Failed' is a dupe of season 4 ep.2.
- Special ep.5 'Mid Air Collision' is a dupe of season 2 ep.6.
- Images for season 9 ep.6 and ep.7 should be swapped.
- Overview for season 6 ep.1 should now read 'This special looks at accidents and incidents where pressurization failure or explosive decompression played a part. Episodes re-visited: 3x11-Hanging by a Thread, 2x01-Blow Out, 1x02-Unlocking Disaster, 4x10-Ghost Plane.'
- Overview for season 6 ep.3 should now read 'This special looks at accidents and incidents where problems with the interface between crew members and onboard avionics were a factor, and the causes of those problems. Episodes re-visited: 1x05-Flying Blind, 4x06-Panic Over the Pacific, 3x07-Kid in the Cockpit, 4x09-Vertigo, 1x03-Flying on Empty.'
- The images for all eps. in seasons 6 and 8 do not match what I had before, they need verifying!

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Tue May 01, 2012 4:21 am

Thanks Pernod, I made all those changes. Hopefully I can leave it unlocked for people to fill in any blanks when I'm done.

The episode images, I'm not sure about, I didn't swap/delete any that weren't 0'd or blanked. I'll attach them here though so they're not lost. Images can easily be marked for replacement if people say which ones.

Other than some missing/suspicious air dates, I'd say this was pretty much done.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

cytotoxic

Postby cytotoxic » Sat May 05, 2012 1:45 am

I loathe to bring this up because I just renamed all my episodes to the above scheme, but Season 10 episodes in the database does not match the sequence in the image above nor Wikipedia

manekineko
Goddess of Documentaries

Postby manekineko » Sat May 05, 2012 4:01 am

cytotoxic wrote:I loathe to bring this up because I just renamed all my episodes to the above scheme, but Season 10 episodes in the database does not match the sequence in the image above nor Wikipedia

Yes, there are still a few hiccups in there. 8x01 and 9x02 seem to be specials and 12x04 appears as a special as well. Needs some more work.
Season 10 seems fine, though - if the airdates are right.
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views."
-- Doctor Who, The Face of Evil

cytotoxic

Postby cytotoxic » Sat May 05, 2012 4:32 am

Ah yes, seems like the episode numbers are in reverse order to the air dates for season 10
How odd :?