[Remove Episodes] Dexter's Laboratory

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
This Forum is READ-ONLY
If you believe that an item has been incorrectly marked as resolved, please start a new topic.
rectorboy

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Dexter's Laboratory

I propose that three of the episodes from Season 3 be deleted: Chicken Scratch is a duplicate of 04x34 - Chicken Scratch.
The first time this episode/short was shown was at the beginning of the Powerpuff Girls Movie [ref], and it did not air on TV until late in season 4, where it was bundled with "The Lab of Tomorrow" and "Garage Sale" as part of a standard episode. I believe that the best place for this episode to be listed is with it's episode-al brethren in season 4.

As for the music videos... well, they're music videos, not episodes at all. Maybe that's too harsh; maybe just move them to Specials? They didn't air as part of an episode (their air dates don't line up with any other episodes/stories); at best they were aired as filler or bumpers for other shows. I can't find any information about them actually airing at all (don't trust TV.com for something like this), but that certainly doesn't mean they never did. Their episode numbers also aren't in the right order if the episodes are listed by aired date, also. Just another indicator that they don't really belong.

Edit: There is no episode listing on the official website, much to the chagrin of... me. Perfectitude is out of my reach.
Edit 2: I also don't think that TVRage can be considered a trustworthy source to emulate in this instance, because it does show episodes 37, 38, and 39 in the goofy way that conflicts with supposed air date. No sense! Makes no sense. They were just added willy-nilly!
mwkurt
Site Moderator

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:48 am

Hello,

I am revisiting this thread and have come across a couple sources that back up what this fellow is requesting. They are as follows:

http://www.toonarific.com/show_episodes.php?show_id=968

http://www.episodeguide.us/dexters-laboratory.html

Each of these sites lists the 3 episodes in question as specials.

The BCDB says the following about "Chicken Scratch":
(Short shown before "The Powerpuff Girls Movie." Release date reflects premiere showing; actual nationwide release on July 3, 2002.)
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/47557-Chicken_Scratch.html

In the descriptions of "Back to the Lab" and "Secret Formula", it basically just states that they were music videos.

Any way....there are 2 Episode of "Chicken Scratch" listed, one at 3-37 and one at 4-34. I would think that one of these needs to be removed.

What say you all?

Mark
dd314159
Site Moderator

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:20 am

I reviewed this and I would agree, too busy to fix myself though...but I'll stand by my 2nd on this.
ImageImageImage
furby
Site Moderator

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:42 am

I moved those 2 episodes to the specials a little while ago but then I got sidetracked and forgot about the Chicken Scratch one :oops:
I'll finish off the moving around if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.
furby
Site Moderator

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:05 am

Decided to leave it there. Though it showed in the cinema first but I still feel the actual aired episode should take precedent, this is a tvdb after all. If the other mods feel like it's a special (that airs after the lab of tomorrow and Garage sale) I suppose I wouldn't argue too much with that as a compromise.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.