SEAL Team S03 season lock

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
pepper2017

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:30 am

Can we please get a lock on this season, I've for the 2nd time changed the episode numbering to the correct ones. But somebody keeps changing it back to the incorrect ones.
nzgleaton

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 am

Please check names of SEAL Team Season 1 Eps 14-16.
Ep 15 scrapes as "Rules of Engagement" instead of "Objects in Mirror."
Eps 15 & 16 are both named "Rules of Engagement."
nzgleaton

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:48 am

Previous list had:
Ep 14 Objects in Mirror
Ep 15 Rules of Engagement
Ep 16 Last Known Location
pepper2017

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:22 am

nzgleaton wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:39 am
Please check names of SEAL Team Season 1 Eps 14-16.
Ep 15 scrapes as "Rules of Engagement" instead of "Objects in Mirror."
Eps 15 & 16 are both named "Rules of Engagement."
That is not wrong. If you check https://www.cbs.com/shows/seal-team/you will see what the correct season order is.
wayned42

Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:35 pm

One thing to keep in mind: if episodes need to be moved around to add/remove an episode, do NOT move the text into adjacent episodes. That makes the text inconsistent with the other info, such as the episode image, the director, writers, translations, etc.

I moved the munged text back into the appropriate episodes and then changed the episode numbers to match the CBS data.
sneaksdota

Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:50 am

hopefully a mod can chime in regarding this issue, I'm kind of getting tired of the season getting changed, I just want the issue settled one way or the other so I can rename my files accordingly.
wayned42

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:19 am

Indeed, we do need a decision from a moderator. Someone added the Siege Protocol Part 2 back into the season and mangled several episodes in the process AGAIN (misaligning artwork, writers, directors, etc). I moved the mangled text back AGAIN but left the added episode alone.
FrigidNox

Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:08 pm

Yeah, this is driving me nuts. And honestly, in my opinion, we should not be using the CBS ordering. The actual show itself, for the episode(s) "Siege Protocol", were two distinct, specific episodes that aired one after another. They have different production codes and were were written by different people. Almost every non-official site shows them as two episodes, and almost every single scene release is splitting them up into two episodes.

Because of this, searching for SEAL Team S03E12 brings up nothing at all. This is because "Fog of War" is S03E13 on just about every other site and in every single scene release. By sticking to CBS's odd naming scheme, we're ensuring that anyone who uses automation tools will have to manually download and process the rest of Season 3 because of this inconsistency. By forcing this change, you are screwing over anyone who uses Sonarr, for instance, or any other monitoring tool that uses TVDB.

I just fixed mine after the last time the listings were changed, and now I have to do it over again. I can no longer use Sonarr for the remainder of Season 3. I can't even leave monitoring on for this Season because every time it goes to grab a new episode it's going to be wrong.
ChristyEzzell
Site Admin

Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:32 pm

FrigidNox wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:08 pm
Yeah, this is driving me nuts. And honestly, in my opinion, we should not be using the CBS ordering. The actual show itself, for the episode(s) "Siege Protocol", were two distinct, specific episodes that aired one after another. They have different production codes and were were written by different people. Almost every non-official site shows them as two episodes, and almost every single scene release is splitting them up into two episodes.

Because of this, searching for SEAL Team S03E12 brings up nothing at all. This is because "Fog of War" is S03E13 on just about every other site and in every single scene release. By sticking to CBS's odd naming scheme, we're ensuring that anyone who uses automation tools will have to manually download and process the rest of Season 3 because of this inconsistency. By forcing this change, you are screwing over anyone who uses Sonarr, for instance, or any other monitoring tool that uses TVDB.

I just fixed mine after the last time the listings were changed, and now I have to do it over again. I can no longer use Sonarr for the remainder of Season 3. I can't even leave monitoring on for this Season because every time it goes to grab a new episode it's going to be wrong.
We are actively discussing.
Equinox
Site Moderator

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:50 am

We have decided to list each part separately despite what the CBS website says, as per our updated site policy. We realize that CBS lists both parts as one episode but believe this was done to make for easier viewing. Each episode has its own production code and writing credit, which we deemed sufficient reason for each part to be listed as an individual episode.

Apologies to everyone whose libraries got messed up on account of the back and forth. I have locked Season 3 and the two "Siege Protocol" episodes to prevent further vandalism.