series deleted?

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
yaksplat

series deleted?

Postby yaksplat » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:53 pm

I added Rarities : Disney Animated shorts. Now it's no longer there. Any reason why? I see no other possible bucket for this additional set of 46 cartoons, most of which were released under the Rarities title.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Re: series deleted?

Postby hikaricore » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:06 am

It sounds like you added a dvd collection of some sort which is not allowed.

yaksplat

Postby yaksplat » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:08 am

It's not a dvd collection. It's the remaining 46 disney cartoons that don't fall into the mickey, donald, goofy, pluto, or silly symphonies groups. Someone like me that has all of these cartoons, would have everything looking nice except for this group. I'm not quite sure why this wouldn't be allowed.

Serberus
Former Moderator

Postby Serberus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 pm

More than likely, someone thought it was DVD collection. When adding odd entries like this, it is a good idea to ask about procedure in the forums so that your time isn't wasted (as happened here). This way, Admins/Mods are aware of the odd series and it doesn't get mistaken for something it is not.

Do you have any sources that provide details on the shows?

On a side note...why are the Disney shorts being separated? Shouldn't they be one collective entry similar to "Looney Tunes" and the like? Any feedback?
HEY YOU! READ THIS STUFF!
WIKI | SITE & FORUM RULES
Also, you need to SEARCH THE FORUMS before posting a new topic.

yaksplat

Postby yaksplat » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:37 pm

I think the best case for disney shorts would be a disney short series and then seasons underneath that, separated by character:
season 1 = mickey
season 2 = donald
season 3 = goofy
season 4 = pluto
season 5 = silly symphonies
season 6 = alice shorts
season 7 = oswald the lucky rabbit
season 8 = chip n' dale
season 9 = educational shorts
season 10 = rarities (things that don't go anywhere else)

The current setup with the <character>: Disney animated shorts works quite well, but there needs to be the one remaining bucket for the rarities.

I've made a spreadsheet of data from various sources for all of the 'rarities' cartoons, sources being http://www.bcdb.com/ and various forums.