Nekopara TV series

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
purposelycryptic

Nekopara TV series

Postby purposelycryptic » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:04 pm

The entry for Nekopara (TVDB ID#335088) currently consists of two episodes in one season, and one special, one of the two episodes being a misspelled duplicate of either the episode or the special (with no other additional data). Technically, there should be nothing in the season atm, as the only things released for Nekopara are one Kickstarter OVA (ANN, AniDB) and one Web OVA a year later (ANN, AniDB), which do not a season nor series make.

This wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact that an actual Nekopara anime series is now incoming (Official Site, ANN, AniDB), and has actually already had its first episode premiere today at Anime Expo 2019 (Official Site).

This makes having a first season consisting of a single OVA and a duplicate entry of either it or the web OVA special (It is literally named "NEKOPARA OVA Extra", so it definitely belongs in the specials) somewhat problematic, as it is essentially squatting in the space where the actual first season should go. OVAs have traditionally almost always been classified as specials on TVDB, unless they are actually the length of a season (i.e., Hellsing Ultimate).

While I could have attempted this myself, this message was waiting for me to try, so I came here instead:
Under NO circumstances should you blank out episodes you feel need deleted. Users work hard to enter information into the database and deserve respect. If you feel an episode information needs edited, post in the forums first. This is the MAIN reason series get locked. Also, keep in mind that Admins/Mods have the ability to move, delete, renumber and edit episodes in batches. If 12 episodes of a series are currently in season 2 and should actually be in season 3, there is no need for you as a user to create the 12 episodes in season 3. Simply post in the forum with sources and an Admin/Mod can move and renumber all 12 episodes in less than a minute.

The first episode in the season atm is the 2017 OVA, but the second, titled "cats paradaise 2", with no data other than that, is seemingly a random drunken addition? The 2017 OVA should likely be moved and placed as the first special, and the "OVA extra", which is currently in that position, assigned as the second special, as it was released in 2018, and is a sort of "bonus" addition to the 2017 OVA. As for "cats paradaise 2", I can't find evidence of a third episode existing anywhere, so it probably should never have been created in the first place.

There does not appear to be a set airing date for the TV anime series as of yet. It would be relatively easy to move the data from the current entries around, so that the two OVAs would be in the specials, and two placeholder entries in Season 1, but that is precisely what the little message bubble told me not to do, so, instead, I cam here, and wrote this post.

Any advice on the appropriate course of action, or some application of magical mystical Mod powers to clean this entry up, would definitely be much appreciated. Thanks for reading! :)

Mistywing
Site Moderator

Re: Nekopara TV series

Postby Mistywing » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:23 pm

You're right, but thank you for asking for moderator action.
I have moved the OVAs to the Specials season and cleaned up the artwork locations a bit so that the OVA poster is in the Specials seasons.

purposelycryptic

Re: Nekopara TV series

Postby purposelycryptic » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 am

Awesome, thank you so much for the quick response and action :D