Just Add Magic Season naming is strange

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Mon May 27, 2019 11:07 pm

I noticed that Amazon isn't the original network for Girl Meets World so we don't really care what they do in this particular case, and it's therefore not a supporting example. Please view the VODs/Storefront exception message in red of this thread.

In the case of Just Add Magic, they are the origin point, which is the distinction to make. Instead of spending time using inappropriate language, you could've linked to web archive for example which shows that the seasons were once named with single digits.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150719060 ... 00RSGJ0DW/
https://web.archive.org/web/20160121032 ... 00RSGJ0DW/

However there is a point where it changes convention in the record, from single digit to the observed 201/202 "problem."
I'll leave that to the admin's consideration on how he will want to continue, with mention that obviously uniformity one way or the other would be preferred.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180709164 ... 00RSGJ0DW/ (Season 1, Season 201, Season 202 over here)
Lys

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:22 pm

A couple of other Amazon series have now had the 2 part seasons merged and all have the single digit names as can be seen on these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=57013
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55810

I think how those series were handled makes the most sense. I understand strictly following the original network's listings but sometimes those listings don't make sense and Amazon isn't consistent with naming these seasons. Mistywing has posted the proof that there was revisionism by the network which we usually don't do as well.

In case the same evidence used for those other series may help with this one, I'll add it here:

Official trailer for "Season 2 Part 2"
Official trailer for "Season 3"
You can also find all of the trailers on the official website in the bonus section with the single digit names, for example:

We've seen how the website is a bit inconsistent earlier in the thread, it happens again in how the pages are titled which can be seen when you hover over the tab. "Season 101" and "301" are titled that way then there's "Season 2 Part 1" and "Season 2 Part 2":

Equinox
Site Moderator

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:41 am

Lys wrote:A couple of other Amazon series have now had the 2 part seasons merged and all have the single digit names as can be seen on these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=57013
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55810

I think how those series were handled makes the most sense. I understand strictly following the original network's listings but sometimes those listings don't make sense and Amazon isn't consistent with naming these seasons. Mistywing has posted the proof that there was revisionism by the network which we usually don't do as well.

In case the same evidence used for those other series may help with this one, I'll add it here:

Official trailer for "Season 2 Part 2"
Official trailer for "Season 3"
You can also find all of the trailers on the official website in the bonus section with the single digit names, for example:

We've seen how the website is a bit inconsistent earlier in the thread, it happens again in how the pages are titled which can be seen when you hover over the tab. "Season 101" and "301" are titled that way then there's "Season 2 Part 1" and "Season 2 Part 2":

Good job on putting this together :!:
I agree and it is done. The seasons have all been renamed to 1, 2, and 3, and Season 202 episodes have been merged into Season 2 (formerly 201) as the latter half.
I want to believe "201" and "202" are just Amazon's funny ways of saying "Season 2, Part 1" and "Season 2, Part 2", respectively — and that is indeed evident on their website as you pointed out. As to why the first and third seasons are named the way they are, I am genuinely puzzled, but Mistywing has helpfully shown that Season 101 used to be named Season 1 on Amazon's website, and I find that is sufficient grounds for going with this solution.
At the very least, combining Season 201 and Season 202 into one season makes sense — not just in light of what Amazon itself clearly says (on their website and in the name of the trailer), but also because we handled other instances similarly, such as Netflix's Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, whose first season the streaming giant released as "Part 1" and "Part 2" whereas TheTVDB has those twenty episodes in Season 1.
Victoria

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:32 pm

TL;DR:

Everything got changed to exactly how I said it should be earlier because that was obviously the most logical way. Get rekt, Mistywing.
rev.pragon

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:43 pm

And you get a Lifetime Ban for your unreasonable condescending Kind.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:57 am

I don't even understand how I'm "rekt" anyways since I went through the trouble of pointing out the revisionism on the season 1 numbering and attempting to form a consensus on the issue.

More supporting evidence later came to light through a member's research, which is extremely appreciated.

Instead, you decide to continue wasting time using inappropriate language and tone despite your earlier warning. This is not conducive to community contributions. Goodbye.