DuckTales 2017 - DisneyXD airing out of order

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
totalhavoc

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:07 am

So I'm watching DisneyXD right now and they aired "The House of the Lucky Gander!" instead of "The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks". Do we need to change "The House of the Lucky Gander!" to episode 6? The site below still lists "The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks" as airing before "The House of the Lucky Gander!" so I didn't want to make the change without input.

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/ ... /episodes/
NMe

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 am

The numbering of the episodes actually corresponds with the date they actually aired it. Looks like they just put the wrong air dates with each of the two episodes.
Rourke

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:08 pm

The whole show should be revised at the end of the month I think since Disney completely mixed up the episode numbering: https://twitter.com/FrankAngones/status ... 4147545089.
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 pm

In the end only the aired order matters. They will have to be reordered accordingly.
Rourke

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Honest question: so if a tv station screws up on their end, you still stick to that? It makes more sense to me to stick to the creators intended episode order to have the best user experience. Or am I opening a very old discussion here? (honestely not trying to, just curious)
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:45 pm

It is in an old discussion. Aired order is simply that. Doesn't matter what was intended.
DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:26 am

It's not an invalid point, this is why Absolute Order was introduced in the first place.

DVD Order can function as a surrogate requiring no renaming, as it's most likely the DVDs will use the intended order, but this is not always true.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.