Shomin Sample series title

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
NMe

Shomin Sample series title

Postby NMe » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Earlier today you added a German translation to the show title of this show. In doing so, you seem to have cut off the translated English title, as that used to contain the actual full name of the show and it no longer does.

Even though it doesn't look like Shomin Sample has been licensed in the US yet, I'd like to opt for changing the title to the shorter title "Shomin Sample" anyway. It's what many websites are currently calling it, and the Germans licensed it under that name. I know you usually aren't fans of adjusting titles before shows are licensed, but this title is apparently even too long for your software to handle so I'd like to request an exception. :)

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Shomin Sample series title

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm actually trying really hard to not just advocate dropping quotes altogether, as there's never a case of modifying them that retains title data.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

NMe

Postby NMe » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:53 pm

Can you please change the "smart quote" in the title to a normal quote? You're using ’ now and it's throwing some software off. Can you use a ' instead?

NMe

Postby NMe » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Oh, on another note: Funimation is distributing it as Shomin Sample as well: http://www.funimation.com/shows/shomin-sample/home

Maybe it's easier to just shorten the name to that and be done with it after all.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:16 pm

I think I'm just going to drop quotes altogether on titles I edit, because I have literally zero control over the database backend, which - from what I recall - either automatically converts the desired Unicode to smart quotes, or displays it as the character code rather than the character itself.

I just better not hear any bullshit about "this is you guys contravening your own policies" or I swear it'll be the last time I fix this sort of thing.

Also, yes, licensed English title takes priority on English fields. Done. :)
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

purposelycryptic

Postby purposelycryptic » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Just a note, the title is currently set as "Shonin Sample", vs "Shomin Sample". I'm guessing it's just a typo, but as it is still present, I thought it worth mentioning. Thanks for adding all the variations of the Romanji title to the alias list, btw, really helps in getting Emby to find a series :)

purposelycryptic

Postby purposelycryptic » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:12 pm

purposelycryptic wrote:Just a note, the title is currently set as "Shonin Sample", vs "Shomin Sample". I'm guessing it's just a typo, but as it is still present, I thought it worth mentioning. Thanks for adding all the variations of the Romanji title to the alias list, btw, really helps in getting Emby to find a series :)

I created a new topic on this subject after I realized this thread had already been moved to 'Resolved Requests' - my apologies.

As I saw no option to edit my previous post, I thought it best to simply reply to it noting that this had been done, so as to avoid any confusion should anyone come across it.