Jay Leno's Garage - how to handle

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
nobrumski

Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:59 pm

CNBC will be airing Jay Leno's Garage starting 10/7/15. I have no idea if they are making episodes out of youtube or if these are original episodes. As a result I don't know how to add the season.

http://www.cnbcprime.com/jay-lenos-garage/

Technically it is season one since it is the first time it has aired on TV, but there is a season 1, season 7, season 2014, and season 2015 already added.
DaniMB
Site Moderator

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Even the current listing is a bit weird. S01 & S07 are duplicate episodes without date, so I'll remove them.

The 2013 season contains 45 episodes without a date, but those aren't duplicates, so I'm not sure where they come from.

In general, if they just recut the existing episodes, we wouldn't list them at all, similar to Backpackers, which The CW started to air as back-to-back recuts (but than cancelled, before they got to new episodes).
nobrumski

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:50 pm

I never watched the youtube episodes so I wouldn't know if they were recut. I can hold off or enter them as season 1 which could always be deleted if someone chimes in that it was just recut.

Personally for me I would prefer they were on there as season 1 since it is the first time they aired on TV, but I will wait to see what you prefer.
EQ2

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:21 am

Any decision on this as there's now two versions on tvdb

This one has just the CNBC episodes
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=301592

This one has both the CNBC episodes and the Youtube channel episodes listed as mentioned in the posts above
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=270295&lid=7

It looks like there’s going to be a season 2 on CNBC starting June 15:
http://www.cnbcprime.com/jay-lenos-garage/
totalhavoc

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:36 am

We need to figure out what to do with season 1 and 2 like the post above says.

Also, episodes 150-194 of Season 2013 are duplicates of episodes in season 2012. Not sure how they are ordered but they are definitely dupes.
danyboy666

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:45 pm

I looked into this a bit to help. The previous episode aired on youtube, is the 12 minutes clip show. We have those listed under under years in the DB. Now the serie which started on CNBC is an hour long show which features these same clips but are regrouped into an hour long episode. THose are Season 1 and 2. I think the TV broadcast should prevail over the clip show even if the later was aired first on youtube.

Maybe we could separate those and have the 2015 iteration as Jay Leno's Garage (2015). I'm not really in favor of this solution since they are the same show but since we never faced this issue before this could be an alternative and a way to keep whatever listing we have.

Or maybe completely remove those clips anywais since they will end up being aired on CNBC.

We have to make a decision anywais. SXX and YXXX should not be used together. It causes too many issues to have those mixed. It should be one or the other.
totalhavoc

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:13 am

I'm not a fan of getting rid of the youtube clips since they do not all make the cut for the CNBC show. That and they are heavily edited.
nobrumski

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 am

danyboy666 wrote:I looked into this a bit to help. The previous episode aired on youtube, is the 12 minutes clip show. We have those listed under under years in the DB. Now the serie which started on CNBC is an hour long show which features these same clips but are regrouped into an hour long episode. THose are Season 1 and 2. I think the TV broadcast should prevail over the clip show even if the later was aired first on youtube.

Maybe we could separate those and have the 2015 iteration as Jay Leno's Garage (2015). I'm not really in favor of this solution since they are the same show but since we never faced this issue before this could be an alternative and a way to keep whatever listing we have.

Or maybe completely remove those clips anywais since they will end up being aired on CNBC.

We have to make a decision anywais. SXX and YXXX should not be used together. It causes too many issues to have those mixed. It should be one or the other.
I say just keep them seperate. Let 2015 be the TV show and the other be the youtube. Then just remove the seasons from the first Jay Leno's that is the TV show.