Doc Zone Delete Reruns and Switch to Season Year Numbering

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
NahsiN

Doc Zone Delete Reruns and Switch to Season Year Numbering

Postby NahsiN » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Series Name: Doc Zone
Delete Reruns: Generation Boomerang: 5x31 and 2014x8
I would like Doc Zone to switch to yearly season numbers starting from 2008. Below is a list of episode guides I found for the show
MSN Entertainment Episode Guide: The air dates largely agree with tvdb but this list not been updated since May 2014.
Official CBC Doc Zone Shows On the site, shows are grouped by years such as 2008-2009, 2009-2010,.... 2013-2014. The air dates are slightly different but there are no reruns and it's up to date (Aug.14 and Aug.16 were the last episodes) and the show currently airs every Thursday and Saturday on CBC Official Show Site. Therefore, I suggest yearly season numbering be used starting from the year 2008 and episode 3x7. I am willing to pitch in if a mass cleanup is required :)
Thanks.

NahsiN

Re: Doc Zone Delete Reruns and Switch to Season Year Numberi

Postby NahsiN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am

Any updates on this? What is the tvdb policy on reruns?

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:03 am

Years seems like the right choice but I can see why they're in the order they are as CBC are listing them in year-year (2008-09) seasons.
Actually as I'm writing this I'm thinking it's okay as it is now. What do other people think?

I'll delete the reruns, they have no business being there
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

NahsiN

Postby NahsiN » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Bump! The reruns still haven't been removed. I just can't see why the episodes should remain in the order they are especially when other similar flagship series like BBC horizon, PBS Frontline have switched to yearly numbering? At the least for each episode listed on the Official Site, one sees the air date (or post date to be more exact) so we could just use those airdates to create S2008, S2009 onwards still S2014. Also the current season S2014 has way too many episodes when compared to the ones on the official site above. I assume there were many reruns in 2014. Any ideas? Will the people who are creating these episodes chime in to clarify the situation?

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:35 am

why can't this show just keep the regular SXXEXX naming scheme anywais? we have 7 season listed properly i don't see why the change in naming convention? i dont think 30 or so episode per year would be so hard to keep trak of?

according to tv guide

edit : even those source arent good after recheck please don't refer as official

http://www.tvguide.com/shows/doc-zone-348126/episodes/
and same list here
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/tv/series/doc-zone/seasons-episodes/AA4cNO0

Season 8 Episode Guide

edit : even those source arent good after recheck please don't refer as official
SEASON 8

Love, Hate & Propaganda (Part 4)
Season 8, Episode 15
March 2, 2015
A study of the role propaganda plays in fighting a war.

The Age of the Drone
Season 8, Episode 14
February 20, 2015
A study of the proliferation of drones and their potential uses.

Love, Hate & Propaganda (Part 3)
Season 8, Episode 13
February 16, 2015
A study of how propaganda impacted World War II.

Woman Unleashed
Season 8, Episode 12
February 15, 2015
A study of what turns on Canadian women and why.

The Truth About Female Desire
Season 8, Episode 11
February 13, 2015
A study of a new science about female sexuality that's coupled with advances in digital technology to explore new ways for women to pursue their desires.

Supervolcano
Season 8, Episode 10
February 7, 2015
A study of the potential for a massive volcanic eruption in Yellowstone National Park.

A TV Renaissance
Season 8, Episode 9
January 30, 2015
An exploration of the rise of television in the 20th century.

Roboticize Me
Season 8, Episode 8
January 23, 2015
A study of the robotics industry.

Wild & Dangerous
Season 8, Episode 7
January 9, 2015
A look at people who keep exotic and undomesticated animals as pets.

The Psychopath Next Door
Season 8, Episode 6
November 28, 2014
An examination of the noncriminal psychopath, a predator equally as dangerous as his violent counterpart.

DOT.CON
Season 8, Episode 5
November 21, 2014
Internet scams are investigated.

Forgotten No More
Season 8, Episode 4
November 7, 2014
A discovery in a backyard in France uncovers DNA clues that lead to information about the lost men of the 78th battalion during World War I.

Weather Gone Wild
Season 8, Episode 3
October 24, 2014
A study of intense and unpredictable weather and how best to adapt to it.

Royals and Animals
Season 8, Episode 2
October 17, 2014
A look at the relationship between the British royal family and their animals.

State of Incarceration
Season 8, Episode 1
October 12, 2014

So season 8 would start october and end around april-may as usual

Doc Zone Season 7 Episodes
S7 E14
Watch Doc Zone Defying Putin online
Jan 30, 2014
Defying Putin
A behind-the-scenes look at justice and democracy with 3 unforgettable people - the man President Putin may fear the most; the maverick fighting Mosco...
Season 7, Episode 14
S7 E13
Watch Doc Zone Officeland online
Jan 23, 2014
Officeland
No doors. No walls. And coming soon to an office near you. Open concept design is becoming ubiquitous in workspaces. Advocates say it encourages bette...
Season 7, Episode 13
S7 E12
Watch Doc Zone To The Rescue online
Jan 16, 2014
To The Rescue
As more urban adventurers seek recreational thrills than ever before, search and rescue teams are pushed to the limit trying to save them. Doc Zone fo...
Season 7, Episode 12
S7 E11
Watch Doc Zone The Motherload online
Jan 9, 2014
The Motherload
Whether you’re an unemployed single mom or a Fortune 500 CEO with a new baby, women today are experiencing a motherload like never before. Women still...
Season 7, Episode 11
S7 E10
Watch Doc Zone Slaves to Habit online
Jan 2, 2014
Slaves to Habit
Smoking, overeating, shopping, nail-biting… we all have a habit that we would like to get rid of, but where the brain is willing, the body is often we...
Season 7, Episode 10
S7 E9
Watch Doc Zone Madiba: The Life and Times of Nelson Mandela online
Dec 5, 2013
Madiba: The Life and Times of Nelson Mandela
A celebration of the life of Nelson Mandela.
Season 7, Episode 9
S7 E8
Watch Doc Zone How We Got Gay online
Nov 28, 2013
How We Got Gay
HOW WE GOT GAY tells the incredible story of how gay men and women went from being the ultimate outsiders to occupying the halls of power.
Season 7, Episode 8
S7 E7
Watch Doc Zone The Condo Game online
Nov 21, 2013
The Condo Game
Look at the forces at play behind the fastest moving condo market in North America, Toronto, and discover that the glittering glass hides a sea of tro...
Season 7, Episode 7
S7 E6
Watch Doc Zone Bite Me: The Bed Bug Invasion online
Nov 14, 2013
Bite Me: The Bed Bug Invasion
Doc Zone burrows into the world of these miniature night crawlers and reveals the oversized impact they’re having on our daily lives. We nearly eradic...
Season 7, Episode 6
S7 E5
Watch Doc Zone Superstitious Minds online
Oct 31, 2013
Superstitious Minds
We embrace our superstitions even though we live in the most scientifically advanced time in all of history. Is superstition the tonic we need to face...
Season 7, Episode 5
S7 E4
Watch Doc Zone Flying Solo online
Oct 24, 2013
Flying Solo
A look at one of the most radical and consequential social movements of our time – the global trend toward living alone. In Canada, there are now more...
Season 7, Episode 4
S7 E3
Watch Doc Zone NCR: Not Criminally Responsible online
Oct 17, 2013
NCR: Not Criminally Responsible
Julie Bouvier who was nearly stabbed to death by a man in a psychotic frenzy because "the devil told him to kill the prettiest girl in the mall" is sh...
Season 7, Episode 3
S7 E2
Watch Doc Zone Deadly by Design online
Oct 10, 2013
Deadly by Design
Deadly By Design explores the lucrative business of illegal synthetic drugs in Canada.
Season 7, Episode 2
S7 E1
Watch Doc Zone Zoo Revolution online
Oct 3, 2013
Zoo Revolution
Zoo Revolution takes the viewer deep inside the increasingly controversial debate about the value of zoos in the 21st century.
Season 7, Episode 1

With this list a can use that as basis to move other episodes listed in 2014 that should be moved to earlier seasons etc. The other season all have only one or two episodes and they seem to respect the correct listing.

I'll handle the renaming when and if everybody see no objections. i dont think this will do to much harm to anyone collections as the listing as just been started to be kept updading.

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:16 am

That serie is literaly all around. Episodes listed in season 7 are actually relisted in season 2014 ..... i'm trying to make sense of all this lol

edit: I movd the episode since about the 3/4 listed in season 2014 ans 2013 were all re-runs.

The list sould follow the main site even tough they don't say it's season 8 it's not that hard to figure out...

So i "fixed" this serie in hope it'll stay clean in the future.

This show airs new episodes every thursday from september to april we shoud only list the new episodes.

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Ok some more proofs:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCA11FCB2629B9742

Tomorrow - catch the season premiere of CBC's Doc Zone.
It explores Canada's criminal justice system & asks why we’re undergoing the largest prison expansion since the 1930s.
"State of Incarceration" premieres tomorrow @ 9pm on CBC TV.
http://ow.ly/CtaR7
‪#‎FALLforCBC‬ (Chelsea)

https://www.facebook.com/VancouverCBC/posts/754805607890329

Schedule starts on october 8th. Ive listed season 8 so far and thery're all there.

I think we used the CBC player listing wich shoudn't be.

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Season premier for 2013 (S07)

Code: Select all

Twitter
CarstenKnox
@CarstenKnox
Zoo Revolution launches #CBC #DocZone season on Thursday, Oct 3. Here's my review. flawintheiris.blogspot.ca/2013/10/zoo-re… @wendyphillipspr #aff2013

http://www.scribblelive.com/Embed/v5.aspx?Id=76235&Page=16&ThemeId=8947

ZOO REVOLUTION kicks off 2013/2014 Season of Doc Zone.
Zoo Revolution was selected by CBC television to launch the current season of Doc Zone, Thursday October 3rd 2013. Check broadcast schedules for repeat broadcasts in 2014.

http://www.pilotlight.ca/projects.html

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:52 pm

here's season 6 :

http://www.cbc.ca/connects/blog/doc-zone-kicks-off-with-eat-cook-love.html

Code: Select all

DOC ZONE OFFERING A DIFFERENT TAKE ON OUR EATING HABITS
TV & FILM SEPTEMBER 20, 2012

As CBC's fall season première week continues, the flagship documentary series Doc Zone kicks off their new season tonight (Sept. 20) by digging deep into our eating habits with a two-part season premiere: Eat, Cook, Love.

Eat, Cook, Love explores not only what we eat, but how, with whom and who actually cooks the food and aims to motivate viewers to reconnect with the joys of eating and get them back in the kitchen.

Narrated by Doc Zone's Ann-Marie MacDonald, viewers will be exposed to seasoned chefs who cover everything from food obsessions to cooking myths.

In Part 1 of the series, chefs identify that diets goes beyond the food and actually is a way of life - including happiness as a component of mealtime. This can be sometimes forgotten and not experienced due to the fast-paced lifestyles so many have. Part 1 also dives into the topic of junk food.

The series continues with Part 2 on Thursday Sept. 27 and tackles the issue of individuals choosing the frozen or take-out food route instead of buckling down and testing their culinary skills themselves.

Take a look at a preview of Eat, Cook, Love:

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:39 am

Here i made another correction, actually 2014-2015 is season "season 9". I'm sorting the rest only to find that theres's only the first 3 or 4 season that the listing correspond the the actual CBC TV grid.

The website CBC player seem to have the correct listing for season 2014-2015 and does match with tv guide and other sources but still the best source for the future is still CBC website. We just need to keep an eye out and list episodes as soon as they come out every thursdays. (i'm capping this show so i can easily do this)
I'm still in the process of moving episodes so i'm sorry if this screws some libraries up but this has to be done the doc was a complet mess.