No listing for Penn & Teller: Fool Us (US)?

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
Davel23

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 am

Penn & Teller:Fool Us is going to be airing on the CW starting July 30th, but there doesn't seem to be an entry for it in the DB. I think this is a new series, not just a reairing of the UK show though I could be wrong. Based on the episode description the guest list doesn't match the UK show.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 am

You haven't provided anything but speculation so as of now I'm assuming it's a reairing of the prior series with the same name. If this turns out to not be the case we'll revisit the topic. Keep in mind that other locales may and often do rearrange episodes even going as far as to splice them together or mix and match the content. NONE of this is grounds for a new series entry, the only way we will be allowing a second listing is if is an entirely new show.
Davel23

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:47 am

The more I look, the more it seems like this is just a reairing of the UK series. Never mind.
rcrh

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:36 am

hikaricore wrote:You haven't provided anything but speculation so as of now I'm assuming it's a reairing of the prior series with the same name. If this turns out to not be the case we'll revisit the topic. Keep in mind that other locales may and often do rearrange episodes even going as far as to splice them together or mix and match the content. NONE of this is grounds for a new series entry, the only way we will be allowing a second listing is if is an entirely new show.
Really, so even though the current descriptions don't match what is being aired by CW doesn't justify a new entry? It's not even a case of the episodes being in a different order or even having some of the performances removed, they are actually combining parts of different UK episodes to make some of these US shows.

I know this is exactly what you've said above but I think this needs to be reconsidered because what is currently in the database is increasing wrong when matched up to the US episodes.

Finally, it appears that a second season is going to be commissions for the US episodes. What will you allow this? Will it be the first season of "Fool Us (US)" or the second season of "Fool Us"?

I do hope you reconsider this.
DaniMB
Site Moderator

Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:36 pm

The rules are very clear: extended cuts, alternate versions and re-cuts won't be accepted in the Db. We don't track that PBS recuts Mr Selfridge from 10 into 8 episodes, or Downton Abbey airs all seasons with one episode more (or less?) than the british original.

So no, if they just recut existing pieces with new transitions, they won't be approved. Nor is there currently anything to re-consider. Build your own NFO and post it in the Forum to share with others, there's a specific section in the Forum for that.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:47 pm

On the topic of season 2, I'm unsure how that would be handled assuming it's new material.. we'd either have to list it as season two or as an entire separate entry by itself WITHOUT the re-cut first season.
DaniMB
Site Moderator

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:08 pm

We'd have the same issue with "Backpackers", that was on the CW too... for two whole (recut) episodes (including one time slot change!). Don't think we have to worry too much. BTW, they still need to air one last episode of their "hit summer reality show" 'Breaking Pointe' from last year, haven't seen that on the schedule so far... :mrgreen:
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:08 pm

CW canceled the fucking thing. Unlikely those will ever see the light of day.
wmbell

Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:27 am

The CW has started airing Season 2.
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/penn-teller-fool-us