download posters?

A place for developers to advertise their TheTVDB.com enabled app and get help from other developers with the API.
mvlouman

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:47 pm

hello, first congratulations and thanks for the great job you are doing.

Im working with your sqldump and its all going very well except for series posters. the banners table has a keytype called poster but no poster table came with the database dump.

How can i get these posters?
Coco
Site Admin

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 pm

All images are in the banners table. Posters are the same as everything else and have their location as part of the same record that you're seeing the Poster keytype. All links are under filename.

I'm not really sure why you'd want to use the db dump to get posters though, it makes much more sense to use the api as the db dump obviously isn't up to date and could be giving dead links. Also I feel I should warn again, we aren't staying with mySQL, I wouldn't program anything around the db dump, you can if you like but we make no promises the DB won't change (in fact I guarantee it will).
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.
mvlouman

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:18 am

hi coco thanks for replying.

i know posters are in the table banner, but how can i get the seriesid of the poster? seems like the keyvalue referrers to a poster table?

Im using the dump to populate the database, i think its not possible to do so with the api since i didnt find any call that returns all the series to start. I also read in the api that you encourage people to ask for a dump instead of making millions of api calls to start the work.

i didnt understand what you said about using mysql, can you explain better please?

so just to be more clear :P im using the dump only to get massive series, seasons and episodes data. After that i will use the api to keep it updated.
Coco
Site Admin

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 am

keyvalue is the seriesid. We really don't provide support for the DB dumps though.

As for using mySQL, all I meant was the new version of the site will not be using mySQL. It's using an entire different DB type.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.
mvlouman

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:32 am

oh ok, as i said im using the dump only to populate the series, then im gonna use the api to keep it update.

about the api, its gonna change with the new site?

seriesid and etc will remaing the same right?
szsori
Site Admin

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:22 am

The current API will eventually be deprecated and removed. The new database uses MongoDB. The current series ids will (probably) be used for lookups only, similar to how we'll use IMDB, TVRage, Trakt, etc remote ids. Many of the fields that are currently at the series level (network, runtime, parental rating) will be moved to the episode level where they belong. Lots of other changes as well.

It should be possible for people to update their current systems when we eventually turn off the backwards-compatible API, but it might require jumping through a few more hoops in your code.
mvlouman

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:59 pm