I've finally got the time to go back through my series, and try to update all the file names/episode names of everything.
I'm using a custom compile of a program named MediaRenamer (I added a few things), and it's having an issue with retrieving the proper series from the GetSeries API.
Series Name: My-Otome
Here's the two respective search queries made to TheTVDB:
Code: Select all
Reading through forum posts, I've read hat the API search matches on whole words, and that would explain the search results if the API isn't searching aliases as well.
I guess I'm asking two different questions:
1. Are my assumptions on the two search approaches accurate?
2. Any ideas on how to work around it while still using the API searches?
I've thought of the following:
1. Renaming the series locally to Mai-Otome, but then it doesn't match My-Hime. (My-Hime is the oppposite in terms of naming on the site. My-Hime is the primary series title, while Mai-Hime is an alias)
2. Performing multiple searching through the API tokenizing the series titles based on word seperators (including symbols), and then collating the results. Still has the problem of not making an exact match because the GetSeries API doesn't return alias names. I could present the results for selection, but then I'm back to the Mai-Otome name instead of My-Otome
I've seen the posts about the site rewrites (and I remember making a suggestion about a style of versioning way back when), so if the current API would require changes, I doubt they'll be high up on the priority list (they wouldn't be on mine ). I'm just trying to work within the current one.