Api Key Inactive

A place for developers to advertise their TheTVDB.com enabled app and get help from other developers with the API.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
litris

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:46 am

Hi, I've created an Api Key in my account for the video Station de synology server that is necessary to make them work on today's 18th June update.

But it shows me the API Key created but it says "inactive."

And on video station of synology gives me a connection error.

Can you activate it?

Thank you.
westyphoto

Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:14 am

Hi - I am seeing the same thing here... Since the VideoStation update perhaps the requests are taking longer to be activated?
litris

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:49 am

Okay, thanks.

I'm still inactive api Key.

I did the same thing in themoviedb and it was activated instantly.

These are the two that Video Station uses in today's update.

I had to disable it because it wouldn't let me search for the content.

If enabled and not active, the Api Key Video Station won't let you search for content.

Thank you and hopefully it will be solved.
Aymen007

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:31 am

Hello,

Me too yesterday i have new update for Videostation under Synology and i creat two account
in the imdb the api keys it's actived after 1 minut but in thetvdb not still inactive

how much time need to be active

Best Regards
ChristyEzzell
Site Admin

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:00 pm

I'll respond here and a couple of other places in the forums:

Synology users,

We understand that the Synology video system made a recent upgrade requiring their users to get their own individual keys. Please know a couple of things. The Synology users base collectively is one of the major drains on our infrastructure system. Your usage is very expensive to support, however, we do value you as customers and the data contributions you make to our open source system. We are in active communication with Synology to hopefully find a resolution to this issue that works for both parties, but we have been overwhelmed by the thousand of key requests that require individual approvals. It's going to take some time, so please be patient with us as we work this out.

Best,
TheTVDB
litris

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:03 pm

ChristyEzzell wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:00 pm
I'll respond here and a couple of other places in the forums:

Synology users,

We understand that the Synology video system made a recent upgrade requiring their users to get their own individual keys. Please know a couple of things. The Synology users base collectively is one of the major drains on our infrastructure system. Your usage is very expensive to support, however, we do value you as customers and the data contributions you make to our open source system. We are in active communication with Synology to hopefully find a resolution to this issue that works for both parties, but we have been overwhelmed by the thousand of key requests that require individual approvals. It's going to take some time, so please be patient with us as we work this out.

Best,
TheTVDB
Okay, thanks. I hope.

In my case, he creates one for themoviedb and it was instant, there was no problem.

And create another one with you for another project and the result is the same “inactive”

I don't know why, but I don't think this is it.

Since other platforms create Key in seconds.

And with another account creates one with you for a proposition of your own not of synology and the same thing happened.

Any explanation for this?

He even believes it before the update and the result is the same “inactive” and days have passed.

I mean, it's not because of Synology's update.

Because requests were for other Domotics servers etc.

And this problem doesn't exist on other information platforms.

Thank you.
emilyhelwig
Site Admin

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:41 am

An update here:

Synology users,

Thank you for your patience. We have been in touch with Synology and have a proposal in front of them that we feel is modest and fair. They assure us we should have an answer by Thursday. We are waiting to hear back and still have a considerable backlog of individual user keys in the system that are a blocker. Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this situation. We value you all as consumers and contributors to TheTVDB and hope to have this resolved shortly.

TheTVDB
barrettford

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:22 am

Any updates on this? The API key I requested is still Pending Approval and Synology has been silent.
Heraisto

Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:34 am

Any further information on this topic?
emilyhelwig
Site Admin

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 am

Hi there — barrettford your key should be approved. Heraisto, we're working thru our queue of pending Synology keys (as you can imagine, there are quite a few)! Yours should be approved in the next couple of days. So sorry for the delay!