Any way to be language-agnostic?

A place for developers to advertise their TheTVDB.com enabled app and get help from other developers with the API.
raffish

Any way to be language-agnostic?

Postby raffish » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:27 am

Hi, I'm brand new to the API. I'm wondering if there's any way to search on a title without specifying a language, and simply have the closest matches in any language returned?

I have 1000+ series titles which I'm trying to match to a TVDB ID with /search/series. Many of these titles are not in English, but in general, I do not have their language specified in my metadata. In the web UI, I found that I can select the empty item in the "Language" popup and get the results I want, but it's not clear to me how to replicate this with the API. The /languages route doesn't contain an equivalent to the empty item, and when I don't specify a language, it seems to default to English and return no results for other languages.

For example: I can get a result for the Turkish series "Arka Sokaklar" by selecting the empty item in the web UI, but I can't figure out how to accomplish this with the API.