API V2.x Discussion

A place for developers to advertise their TheTVDB.com enabled app and get help from other developers with the API.
iruizeguilaz

Re: API V2.x Discussion

Postby iruizeguilaz » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:38 am

I agree with the previous posts.

I developed an android app of series (It is not in google play but it is in github if you want to see it, I did it to learn and I am using it since them)

My app has a list of series (pending, following, wacthed) I am follwong and in the the detail of the serie I see of chapters and characters.... It works great in terms of performance because I save the data localy when I want to follow a serie, and I only bring the images (I do not store the image, only the id...) and if I want to update it I bring again all the XML file data...

In order to change this app which I would like to keep using, d I have to change one call into hundred calls in order to bring all the chapters information (overview, votes, image) and character information (name, character name, images) ????

MPH80

Postby MPH80 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:16 am

There's something odd with some of the data. I've only spotted it in one place so far - but I'm going to run a comparison of the XMLs and the API shortly.

This is Doctor Who (2005) (ID:78804).

When I grab the posters via the API - Banner ID 25482 comes out with a rating of 6.7 - but when I check the site or the banners.xml - I'm finding it's got a rating of 4.6

Code: Select all

{
      "id": 25482,
      "keyType": "poster",
      "subKey": "",
      "fileName": "posters/78804-1.jpg",
      "resolution": "680x1000",
      "ratingsInfo": {
        "average": 6.7,
        "count": 25
      },
      "thumbnail": "_cache/posters/78804-1.jpg"
    },

Code: Select all

<Banner>
  <id>25482</id>
  <BannerPath>posters/78804-1.jpg</BannerPath>
  <BannerType>poster</BannerType>
  <BannerType2>680x1000</BannerType2>
  <Language>en</Language>
  <Rating>4.6000</Rating>
  <RatingCount>10</RatingCount>
</Banner>

It's been this way for at least 14 hours - so unless there's a replication problem, I don't think it's out of sync data.

None of the posters in the banners.xml have a ratingcount of 25 - so it's not misaligned data.

I've checked a small sample of the other posters in the API and banners.xml for this series and they seem to match up. I'm going to write a script to do something more programatically now. Once I've done it for this one - I'll try for the other series I've got to compare.

Spark

Postby Spark » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:30 am

Hi,

Did this issue ever get resolved/diagnosed?

Cheers

awlunsfo wrote:
tripmckay wrote:Had some problems when trying to get episode data:
- It would be helpful if there were some kind of full details flag for /series/{id}/episodes. Otherwise to get full episode data additional requests are required for each (!) episode of a show to episode/{id}.

That route is paginated with a maximum of 100 responses per request. You will have to use the page=? parameter and the links section to collect all of the episodes for the series.

tripmckay wrote:- The episode/{id} endpoint returns null for airedSeasonID (for example for episode id 398671). Should this be possible or is that an error?

It's possible that it's an error. I'll check and get back to you.

MPH80

Postby MPH80 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:31 am

So I wasn't wrong.

The ratings on the banners are all over the place when you compare between the XML and the API.

I've programatically compared the root series information (title/overview etc) and the banners information - the things out of whack are the banners on some series and the ratings and counts on a massive number of banners. The counts in the API response are always (I think) higher than the XML, indicating the XML isn't picking up votes somewhere along the line.

The root banner information being misaligned is, I think, down to the votes/counts being misaligned (e.g. it's picking up the wrong 'best' banner).

In some cases the discrepancies are huge - 65 votes in comparison to 0 (for example). That particular one is on series 260449 - banner ID 1142741.

I've compared ~200 series entries and I've got some ~1200 misaligned values.

Full pastebin of results: https://pastebin.com/3K71NWfW

smesser

Postby smesser » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:07 pm

oops duplicate post
Last edited by smesser on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smesser

Postby smesser » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:31 pm

Has anyone noticed that the new API is reacting slow lately? I fired up a version of my application using the old API and it is very fast.

Or is it just me?

Anonymous0379

Postby Anonymous0379 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Api KEY =

sp1ti

Postby sp1ti » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:58 am

Never got a reply back to my PM (and thus trello access) but could you please expose the season ID at the episode endpoint? It's impossible to build the URL to the episode like that. For V2 it probably also needs a proper URL back to each of the possible season orders?

Stingray

Postby Stingray » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Greetings,

I've tried to use swagger.json for new API to autogenerate some client code and realized that swagger definition is incorrect.
Specifically, /search/series returns an object with "data" field that is an array of Series object, and not a single object as swagger.json says.

What I can do to fix the definition?

Thanks

codegrabber

Postby codegrabber » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:56 pm

Stingray wrote:Greetings,

I've tried to use swagger.json for new API to autogenerate some client code and realized that swagger definition is incorrect.
Specifically, /search/series returns an object with "data" field that is an array of Series object, and not a single object as swagger.json says.

What I can do to fix the definition?

Thanks

It's also out of date when querying for episodes:

The newest poll returns additional language info:

"language": {
"episodeName": "en",
"overview": ""
},

Which is nowhere mentioned...