How up to date and stable is V2.0 API

A place for developers to advertise their TheTVDB.com enabled app and get help from other developers with the API.
k_zeon

How up to date and stable is V2.0 API

Postby k_zeon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi. Been implementing V2.0 of the api and have noticed that data is very eratic.
Was testing getting season and episode numbers for Bones and on Saturday just gone, got all results from
S01E01 to end.
Now today when running same query, none of the season and eps from S01E01 to S04 are available
They are all comming up as null. unless they always were and i did not notice.

This is why i was asking how up to date the data is.

Querying other shows does give all data, so may just be a glitch of the data is just not there.

Can someone from tvdb advise if the the api is still in beta and changes are ocurring
etc

many thanks.

k_zeon

Re: How up to date and stable is V2.0 API

Postby k_zeon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 am

just to advise everything is working ok, i had a small issue with getting json response from different pages but all ok now.

But would still like to know how up to date site is.

Also tried to create an account on Platypus site , get the email and when i click to register it throws up an error
like quite a lot of people have mention for last few months.

Looking forward to using the new api soon.

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Postby polargeek » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:05 am

There will be no additional new api, 2.0 is the new one. It should be as up to date as the old one, which could disappear at any time as we are well past the original sunset date for it.

Platypus is purely the beta for the new web facing front end. It's launch may add some things to the 2.0 api but as far as I know none of those additions will ever be added to the original api
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

k_zeon

Postby k_zeon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:42 am

tks for the rely. Understood.
I have posted else where that i could not complete the signing up process. After clicking link in email
it comes up with errors.
Do you know if this is still an issue as well as cannot login to the new site without it.

many thanks