TVDb's old Api stopped working

YouTube cat videos, family-safe pictures of Ron Jeremy, and any amusing spam we decide to keep around.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
ARIO

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:36 pm

hello
with the recent change ,you disabled tvdb's old api
what we should do now?

if this is permanent state ,then we hire new coders to rewrite tvdb function [if this is permanent state?!]
ChristyEzzell
Site Admin

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Both APIs are up and running. Depending on what type of device you use you may have to request a new token via your API key. He's the swagger documentation - https://api.thetvdb.com/swagger and you can find your API key here https://beta.thetvdb.com/dashboard/account/apikeys we are having some problems on Kodi which we are working on resolving now. Check out the threads in the Dev and v3 forums, we are posting very regularly.
ARIO

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:10 pm

thank you for your answer
I see all of other sites who I asked them to use tvdb as reference also have my problem
please confirm this is permanent change
I will hire someone to rewrite everything

Its not from api key
it seems layout changed and all of the <div ....
are not working
we have to rewrite all of tvdb apps
szsori
Site Admin

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:32 pm

ARIO wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:10 pm
thank you for your answer
I see all of other sites who I asked them to use tvdb as reference also have my problem
please confirm this is permanent change
I will hire someone to rewrite everything

Its not from api key
it seems layout changed and all of the <div ....
are not working
we have to rewrite all of tvdb apps
The old v1 API should still work. Are you trying to scrape the front end of the website instead of using the API? That's the only reason I can see the divs mattering. We're planning an extended and updated API early next year, so I would strongly recommend leaving what you have until then.
ARIO

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:21 pm

ok then
I will wait a while to hire someone to recreate the whole apps
may I ask you a favor?
https://pastebin.com/HvNxsFqE

can you repair at least this part of my scripts?
I see urls changed
I will compensate your time and efforts
but this is a urgent matter and I need to do something asap
I entirely understand if you can't help me
ARIO

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:37 am

I also use both formats
1- direct link to tvdb page
2- get summary+poster [to user decides if wants to visit tvdb]
which almost always visits
this is why I have doubt if any other individual has sent more than me to your site

like this:

https://i.imgur.com/7iWGuit.jpg

but tvdb script [all of scripts even api] stopped working
you can ask other users if you have doubt
ChristyEzzell
Site Admin

Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:06 am

The developers are actively trying to get several keys fixes in for the API and regretfully, I don't think they will have time to review your scripts right now. My advice would be to be patience and see if their work over the next couple of days will fix your problem.
ARIO

Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:35 am

thank you
I will see [at morning GMT] who I can find to repair the script's <Div ... , which changed
I only need to fix 2 items
1- Overview [which I havent checked whats it's new name]
and poster [banner ...]

this script which I gave you is fair script
means it fetches just 2 items from your site , then asks users to visit your site for details
which based-on my site's click history , 88% of american/UK/AU/CA/IRL users want to visit tvdb when I post first episode from a series
ARIO

Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:59 pm

a while ago you changed your layout /template to the current one and in my opinion [I am not in your level in any aspect and this is just based-on observation of a site owner with 250k uniq/day] ,it was resource consumer
right now I can see that all the main sites which are using your api can't get the job done and you are not receiving users from the about 10 main sites which I know
and yet , you see how slow is your site even now

my humble opinion is ,your standard template is perfect and gives very high speed
but I think your config has been done years ago when you had much less visits and you need to re-config your server
[just 1 tiny matter is: Please treat bots as your enemy , the bots behaviour changed since 3 months ago , if I allow bots even google bots they pushed my site with 2 x 128 GB ram , 2 giant monster cpu to failure in 30 seconds]

I have technical reasons [in detail] but its not place for such matters

the current layout needs more resource [in my humble opinion]
ARIO

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:29 pm

unfortunately , tvdb is not working at all
right now there is one option
restore old layout

search stopped working
I use firefox history to access to items or I use google to find items in tvdb

but
you solved time out
time out problem was the worse disaster someone could imagine from an api and you solved it
but please restore old api /old layout /old search [old means the day before I create this topic] and end this whole story

with so much respect to tvdb people
I have deep feeling for you