How do you watch TV?

What shows do you like or dislike?
What about certain actors?
Any upcoming shows you're looking forward to?
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 pm

I'll make a picture when I'm home. I have a 37" HDReady Toshiba Flatscreen and MediaCenter system running with MediaPortal. Additional a 5.1 soundsystem from Teufel.

I only watch TV in my living room. Don't ever want one in my bedroom.
jacktyler

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Wastefully, is my honest answer. I am using the power saving function on my TV now, because during the daytime, I'm not watching it - I just "have it on."
I might as well be listening to the radio.

I watched the Last Night of the Proms live the other day, and before that, you'd have to count back a few years!

I watch movies on my big screen (if I feel like it, or have guests) but otherwise, I'd be quite happy with a B&W portable (for all Telly's worth! :) )
crash123

Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:28 am

hikaricore wrote:Naked
No nudity allowed in the forums :lol:
BoomSchtick

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Downstairs Family Room: 62" HDILA Projection TV W/WDTV Live (networked) for streaming
Family Room: 32" TCL hooked up to a jailbroken AppleTV2 running XBMC (networked of course) for streaming
Bedroom: 42" Zenith hooked up to a jailbroken AppleTV2 running XBMC (networked of course) for streaming

The AppleTV 2 is great because it sips power. You can run it 24/7 for less than $10 a year. As an added bonus, it has netflix.
opentoe

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Living room I have a Sony Bravia XBR909 LED set with a full range of PSB speakers all over the place. Denon inCommand receiver. Dune Prime 3.0. The picture is bliss. TV is 52".

Bedroom I have a Toshiba 52" DLP from about 6 years ago which I still adore! I love the picture and it is on it's third bulb. I have just started using low level on the bulb (since I watch in a dark room now) so the bulb will last much longer.
szsori
Site Admin

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:15 pm

That's a good point that anyone with a projector needs to make note of. Run your projector in power save or low mode unless you're in a brighter environment. It may seem dark at first, but you will adjust completely to the new level very quickly and you'll save a lot of money in the long run.
syk3d

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:47 am

Most of my watching happens on a 50" Samsung Plasma in the lounge room, hooked up to a Mac Mini (recently upgraded from an Acer Revo) running Plex. Audio is pushed out through a Yamaha mid-level receiver with 3.1 speakers. Generally I watch it with the family here, but I do also use a Macbook Pro, iPad or other such device to stream to when I need some privacy. It's pretty sweet.
Broski

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 am

The best way to watch tv is grabbing a big bag of chips and watching tv on my 50 inch Sony LED TV.
sornoso

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:19 am

I just upgrade my home entertainment system and replace old one with Sony Bravia KLV-42EX410 32 inches LED TV with Sony Home theater system in my room :D Its just awesome sound is coll surrounding is cool and also its price was hot :P
harrystefanou

Mon May 13, 2013 4:50 am

I mostly watch TV on my theater system which i had set in my personal room with soft drinks & Chips!!