How do you watch TV?

What shows do you like or dislike?
What about certain actors?
Any upcoming shows you're looking forward to?
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: How do you watch TV?

Postby Imzadi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:05 am

I'll make a picture when I'm home. I have a 37" HDReady Toshiba Flatscreen and MediaCenter system running with MediaPortal. Additional a 5.1 soundsystem from Teufel.

I only watch TV in my living room. Don't ever want one in my bedroom.

jacktyler

Postby jacktyler » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Wastefully, is my honest answer. I am using the power saving function on my TV now, because during the daytime, I'm not watching it - I just "have it on."
I might as well be listening to the radio.

I watched the Last Night of the Proms live the other day, and before that, you'd have to count back a few years!

I watch movies on my big screen (if I feel like it, or have guests) but otherwise, I'd be quite happy with a B&W portable (for all Telly's worth! :) )

crash123
Former Moderator

Postby crash123 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:28 pm

hikaricore wrote:Naked

No nudity allowed in the forums :lol:

BoomSchtick

Postby BoomSchtick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:11 pm

Downstairs Family Room: 62" HDILA Projection TV W/WDTV Live (networked) for streaming
Family Room: 32" TCL hooked up to a jailbroken AppleTV2 running XBMC (networked of course) for streaming
Bedroom: 42" Zenith hooked up to a jailbroken AppleTV2 running XBMC (networked of course) for streaming

The AppleTV 2 is great because it sips power. You can run it 24/7 for less than $10 a year. As an added bonus, it has netflix.

opentoe

Postby opentoe » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 am

Living room I have a Sony Bravia XBR909 LED set with a full range of PSB speakers all over the place. Denon inCommand receiver. Dune Prime 3.0. The picture is bliss. TV is 52".

Bedroom I have a Toshiba 52" DLP from about 6 years ago which I still adore! I love the picture and it is on it's third bulb. I have just started using low level on the bulb (since I watch in a dark room now) so the bulb will last much longer.

szsori
Site Admin

Postby szsori » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:15 pm

That's a good point that anyone with a projector needs to make note of. Run your projector in power save or low mode unless you're in a brighter environment. It may seem dark at first, but you will adjust completely to the new level very quickly and you'll save a lot of money in the long run.

syk3d

Postby syk3d » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 am

Most of my watching happens on a 50" Samsung Plasma in the lounge room, hooked up to a Mac Mini (recently upgraded from an Acer Revo) running Plex. Audio is pushed out through a Yamaha mid-level receiver with 3.1 speakers. Generally I watch it with the family here, but I do also use a Macbook Pro, iPad or other such device to stream to when I need some privacy. It's pretty sweet.

Broski

Postby Broski » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:40 pm

The best way to watch tv is grabbing a big bag of chips and watching tv on my 50 inch Sony LED TV.

sornoso

Postby sornoso » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:19 am

I just upgrade my home entertainment system and replace old one with Sony Bravia KLV-42EX410 32 inches LED TV with Sony Home theater system in my room :D Its just awesome sound is coll surrounding is cool and also its price was hot :P

harrystefanou

Postby harrystefanou » Mon May 13, 2013 6:50 am

I mostly watch TV on my theater system which i had set in my personal room with soft drinks & Chips!!