ralfystuff whisky reviews

What shows do you like or dislike?
What about certain actors?
Any upcoming shows you're looking forward to?
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
vishalgomes

ralfystuff whisky reviews

Postby vishalgomes » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:07 am

Hello all you malty media junkies!

I've been watching these whisky reviews lately, and decided to store them all locally and index them here (for those in the dark, http://youtube.com/user/ralfystuff). There's about 400 (and counting) reviews, and the numbering gets a little funky (101a, 101b, 101 (3/3), etc..) so I felt the need to explain the methods I used here.

-- If the show doesn't have a review # in the description, it doesn't make the list.
He's got a few distillery tours uploaded, interviews with distillers, etc... none of these are being indexed.

-- If the show isn't about (or directly related to) whisky, it doesn't make the list.
Cigars, pipes, etc...

-- Shows that have multiple parts are listed as such, (1_3), (2_3), etc...
youtube-dl replaces '/' with '_' -- just trying to be consistent.

-- About those multiple part shows...
I'm a bit naive about numbering here, and gun-shy about messing with it since I can't delete any mistakes easily. Multi-part shows are added as described as above, but obviously the absolute number always increments (e.g. review 52 (2_2) is absolute #53). I considered using the DVD Episode Number field, but as far as I can tell, that doesn't help xbmc at all (which is why i'm doing this in the first place). This is a confusing solution, as episode #s wont match review #s.. but I think that's the only option i've got.

Anyway, maybe some other malt-head will get some use out of this, but honestly it's a labor of love -- i'm enjoying putting these out there.

-a8