How do you watch TV?

What shows do you like or dislike?
What about certain actors?
Any upcoming shows you're looking forward to?
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
Veke1983

Re: How do you watch TV?

Postby Veke1983 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:55 pm

I have the iMac connected via HDMI to my 65" Sony 4K TV!! I love the fact that it corrects the series quality and enhances the quality on the screen, like actually being there yourself :-)

mandfield

Postby mandfield » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:39 am

I had been using my trusty old Panasonic TX-P50C3B 50-inch Plasma but unfortunately it had a rather fatal fall from the wall when the bracket collapsed. Got woke up by a thunderous thud in the middle of the night only to find my beloved TV lying in a heap on the floor. It was still on so was making a funny old noise and some crazy colours. I'm currently using my 24-inch LG PC monitor but that's not really up to the job. Now on the market for a new TV or a projector. Considering a 4K projector but they cost a fair bit so deciding whether to pay the extra cash or stick with an OLED TV instead. Anyone own a decent projector they can vouch for?

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:53 am

My parents had a first-gen Samsung plasma up until it blew a FET a few months back.
They replaced it with a 4K 60" OLED and haven't looked back.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

mandfield

Postby mandfield » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:52 am

I bought my plasma in the US and had it on the wall there in my parents house for a while and it then survived a container trip to India when I moved here. It was on my wall all of about a month or maybe two before the disaster happened. Should have known when they guy fixing the bracket to the wall said it would be strong enough to hold, that it probably wouldn't be. Oh well, can't do much about it now, time to look for a replacement.

mandfield

Postby mandfield » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:30 pm

I've been searching for my replacement over the weekend. Was looking for either a new or used projector. Found a bidding website based in India that does both. There was a nice JVC one that I'd just missed out on, bidding was coming to an end and I wasn't sure what I should be paying. Had a check after and the winner of the auction got a really good deal. Not really ever bid on anything before, always go for the buy it now option or stay away if its just an auction. Bearing in mind that the JVC one went for a steal in the end, I've decided to put a bid on a cheap new mini portable one. It would be a temporary solution as far as using it at home goes but it would serve great for presentations to my students. Not got the greatest specs but that's not really important for the kind of basic presentations I do. Think I'd just prefer another flatscreen at home once I can afford it. I'd want a good projector if it was a long-term solution and the apartment isn't really big enough, besides me not having the cash. Maybe when the Rupees start rolling in and I can move somewhere bigger.

Got a while to sit the auction out so I could change my mind if I find something better, not going to land it with my starting bid so we'll see. I'm not good at sticking to my guns in these kind of situations, which is probably why I don't do auctions. Best if you just go pay now and then that's it, you can't talk yourself out of it then. :D

alltimemarr

Postby alltimemarr » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:15 pm

NETFLIX. NETFLIX. NETFLIX. On my lil' cute 13" MacBook Pro, or my iPad Mini. (yes, yes, apple everywhere.. ;C)

And lots of freely accessible catch-up TV in the Netherlands (though mostly foreign shows, or super old but gold Dutch shows I was just... too young to watch way back then).
And for my daily (or weekly, monthly) dose of anime I use several legal streaming sites: daisuki, viewster.

For the rest... I'm afraid I gotta find a less legal streaming way :(

AusTX

Postby AusTX » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Samsung TV in every room of the house :oops: , & Spectrum TV app on all portable devices (phone, laptop, tablet)

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:07 pm

+1 on the Samsungs, wouldn't have any other LCD for the money (especially since ViewSonic tanked).
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Return to “TV Talk”