La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) - ENGLISH TRANSLATION - completed

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
laborious_endeavour

La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) - ENGLISH TRANSLATION - completed

Postby laborious_endeavour » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:36 pm

RATIONALE
Last year I grew irritated with my media computer's failure to correctly scrape information for the Netflix re-edit of La Casa de Papel. I'm not Rainman or anything, but I do like consistency in my media library. Consequently, the un-re-edited batch of the 15 season one episodes (as broadcast on the Spanish Antena 3 network) were stored separately, away from my main media library.
When I heard that Netflix were releasing a new season imminently, I decided to go ahead and produce English subtitles for the original Spanish broadcasts, so that the show could be successfully added to my media library.
PROCESS
Using the English subtitles from the Netflix re-edit, I used a combination of these excellent tools to chop and splice them:
- SubtitleEdit
- Subtitle Composer
- Geany
- Notepad++
- mplayer
I was able to effectively undo all the Netflix re-edits. It was somewhat laborious but eventually I was able to produce subtitles with the original edit's timings.
Having previously watched the Netflix re-edit, I was aware of just how lacking their English subtitles often tended to be. So, after synchronising the timings with the tools above, I went through the subtitles line-by-line (with the corresponding video playing to provide precise timings and context). I corrected the most egregious errors and tidied-up the occasional sloppiness.
RESULT
While it did take up a fair bit of my free time, I completed the season faster than I anticipated. For anyone who wishes to download them, I uploaded them here:
Link removed
Since I'm a limey, British wanker, the uploaded subtitles use UK English. To convert it to that bastardised atrocity that passes for English in your locality, simple use a find-and-replace operation in your favourite text editor and, for example, change instances of 'ise' to 'ize' or 'colour' to 'color'.
Good day to you. *TIPS HAT*
Last edited by rev.pragon on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed

rev.pragon

Re: La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) - ENGLISH TRANSLATION - completed

Postby rev.pragon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Sorry but this is a Database Forum and not a Subtitle Forum or anything else in this Direction.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.

We DON´T delete Pictures on Episodes on the current Site. Provide Images and a Mod/Admin will replace it.