Series with wrong data, please advise.

Requests older than the current month.
pcambraia

Series with wrong data, please advise.

Postby pcambraia » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Problem:
The french series "Les Aventures de Tintin - 1962" (id=24421) has wrong data in it.
I would like to correct the errors, and also make an english version of the series.
Please advise me on how to do this without bumping against the duplication-syndrome.

What is wrong:

1) The episodes are in a wrong order;
2) One episode is missing;
3) One feature film is included as an episode;
4) Well... the name of the series, as posted, does not reflect the original name.

Elaborating:

1) The episodes are posted as:
1 - L'île Noire ( The Black Island ), which was the 2nd to be aired.
2 - Le crabe aux pinces d'or ( The Crab With The Golden Claws ), this was the 3rd.
3 - L'Étoile Mystérieuse ( The Shooting Star ) was the 6th.
4 - Le secret de la licorne ( The Secret Of The Unicorn ) was the 4th, this one is ok...
5 - Le Trésor de Rackham le Rouge ( Red Rackham's Treasure ) was the 5th, this is also ok...
6 - Objectif Lune ( Objective Moon ) was the very 1st to be adapted, back in 1959.
7 - Le temple du soleil ( The Temple Of The Sun ) - This is "Tintin and the Temple of the Sun (1969)", a 35mm feature film!

2) The episode which is missing, the de facto 7th episode, is "L'Affaire Tournesol" ( The Calculus Case ) back in 1964.

3) Tintin and the Temple of the Sun (1969), posted as episode 7, is not even related to 1959-1964 TV series.
The same applies to another feature film "Tintin and the Lake of Sharks (1972)", not related to the TV series.
They are 35mm teatrical releases.

4) The proper name for the series would be "Les aventures de Tintin d'après Hergé", as shown in the opening screens of all the episodes.
Hmm... and also shouted, quite loudly, by the narrator...
So I suggest that the name should be posted as "Les aventures de Tintin d'après Hergé (1962)".
Including the year also separates it clearly from "the other" series, from 1992 (id=72668)

References:
Not easy to find details about these Belvision productions, only generalities...
But some independent french sources seem to agree in what I'm claiming:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Aventu ... Herg%C3%A9
http://www.dpstream.net/serie-3961.html
http://jewm.webs.com/filmtvandradio.htm

So I made my case :-)
Please advise.

pcambraia

Re: Series with wrong data, please advise.

Postby pcambraia » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:25 pm

I understand from the rules that changing the title of a series is a sensible matter.
Therefore I made some snapshots and organized them in the JPG attached.
When the title is shown on screen, the narrator's voice also shouts, quite strongly, that same title:
"Les Aventures de Tintin"! (pause) "d'après Hergé"!
You can take my word for it :-)
Au fait, je comprends le français très bien...
(As a matter of fact, I understand french very well...)

I'm including the de facto 7th episode "L'Affaire Tournesol", and I recall again that the film presently found in the series (id=24421) as the 7th episode is not even series-related, as described in my last post.
The title in this episode shows "par Hergé" (instead of "d'après Hergé") and the narrator shouts it accordingly.
It is, however, part of the same TV series.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
LesAventuresDeTintinDApresHerge.jpg
Snapshots from the episodes, showing the original title as "Les Aventures de Tintin d'après Hergé".

pcambraia

Postby pcambraia » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:25 pm

From what I've been digging, even the 1962 date is questionable.
This seems to be the date of a UK release, but the original broadcast was in France, starting in 1959.
By then the stories were aired broken down into 5 minute episodes, in a total of 104 episodes.

I'm now investigating this, to find out how was each story broken down: how many episodes (chapters?) per each story, and the titles of those chapters.

If anyone has an old french VHS with this old series, the VHS has it recorded by chapters. Anyone?

I'll be back when I have this properly sorted out.

Wiccio

Postby Wiccio » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:23 pm

I read this post after four years from its writing. :roll:

pcambraia wrote:The proper name for the series would be "Les aventures de Tintin d'après Hergé", as shown in the opening screens of all the episodes.

Right now in the database there are three animated series:
- Les Aventures de Tintin [id=72668 from 1991]
- Les Aventures de Tintin (1957) [id=288980 from 1957 as its tilte]
- Les Aventures de Tintin, d'après Hergé [id=288934 from 1962]
Leaving aside the series of 1991, it is normal that appear the remaining two documents? I don't know anything about TinTin but I fear there are also problems with the episodes in the series...

DaniMB
Site Moderator

Postby DaniMB » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:08 am

Wiccio wrote:Leaving aside the series of 1991, it is normal that appear the remaining two documents? I don't know anything about TinTin but I fear there are also problems with the episodes in the series...

I'm not exactly sure if I understand what you mean. Where are "problems with the episodes"?

Wiccio

Postby Wiccio » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:57 am

pcambraia says that 'Les Aventures de Tintin (1957)' contains seven episodes, instead in the db (id=288980) there are two seasons, the first containing eight episodes and the second containing seven episodes. Perhaps he was referring to the second season? The episode titles are lacking in both seasons so it's hard to tell at what season was referring.

Also, he says that the TV series that makes up these seven episodes should be called 'Les Aventures de Tintin, d'après Hergé' while in the database there is a second page for this series (id=288934)... that contains seven seasons.

I'm a bit confused! :?

DaniMB
Site Moderator

Postby DaniMB » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:56 am

I think my collegue sorted this out. If I remember correctly the latest changes and cleanups were done in the last 12 months or so, so the original posting here is probably long outdated.

Many of us pick up on problems directly in the Db, without going through the Forum Archive first. So there may be many backlogged requests that in fact have been resolved at some point, or are simply outdated. This might be one.

Wiccio

Postby Wiccio » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Yes, yes, my first post would be a way to return the thread to the attention of pcambraia! :idea:
It seems to me that he is informed on Tintin but seeing that the database has not been modified as per his instructions, I was hoping he could return to face the situation! :)