Update on Version 3

Updates on the November 2019 rollout of Version 3, including testing information, TheTVDB Bible, bugs, questions, etc.
Forum rules
Please search this thread for existing bugs before posting a new one. When posting a new bug, please start a new thread.
If you're looking for API support, please take a look at our Developers forum.
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:33 am

Until it is possible to link a series to a movie, the movies will remain in the specials section and will also be entered as a movie. When linking is possible, the movies will be deleted from the specials section.
fearlessleader

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Wow... been away and faced with this new interface. I appreciate all the work, but... Simple tasks that I used to do are now no longer possible or no longer easy:

1) Type in the first couple of words of the title to see similar shows, but now the series ID is no longer visible until you actually click on THAT series title. I use series ID alone very often e.g. DogNzb. It'd be nice to have a default of just searching for "tv" instead of the default being "anything". Now, to find a series, one enters a name; then has to click "TV" to just see series names -- two clicks needed.

2) Clicking on "all seasons" of a show used to show ALL specials then all seasons. Now, it does NOT even show all specials, and they're listed (I guess) in either air or DVD order. e.g. "Star Trek Discovery" S00E08 doesn't appear in "all seasons", but does appear when clicking "specials". Clicking "Absolute Order" doesn't just change the order shown to you, but renumbers everything shown -- thus what was S00E08 might now be S01E93. VERY often I'll find an NZB is mistitled, so I have to "show all seasons" and the find a part of that title in the full list to see what number it is -- and it NEEDS to be ordered by season number with ALL specials together.

3) I know it seems a small nit, but having the season and episode as "0x8" so small in the upper right corner is a pain. Having it LARGER (same size as ep title) is VERY important. Plus, I MUCH prefer "S00E08"... vs 0x8 (a much more consistent look and spacing with two digits season and two episode). PLUS, this appears on the far left before the episode name when clicking on a season but on the far right when clicking on all seasons... consistency is important! Please always same size as episode title and on the far left before ep title (a dash between the number and title would be nice, e.g. "S00E08 - Foo Bar").

more as I try to use this...
aliveinchrist14

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:57 pm

How do you adjust the runtimes for an entire series at once in this new version? I found how to change the runtimes for each individual episode, but that would take forever. I can't seem to locate where I can change the runtimes for the whole series though.
ChristyEzzell

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Runtime has been moved down to the episode level, along with network and rating for more granularity. You can't change it on the show level in the new site.
aliveinchrist14

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:06 pm

ChristyEzzell wrote:
Runtime has been moved down to the episode level, along with network and rating for more granularity. You can't change it on the show level in the new site.
So you can only change it per episode now? It shows a runtime at the series level, there's just now way to change it. The only way to change it overall is if each episode is changed and then the overall series runtime will change, is that how it works going forward?
aliveinchrist14

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:26 pm

I LOVE that's done at the episode level now, but could doing it at the Season level be done too? It makes it easier to switch a Season at a time instead of episodes. There's a need for the per episode level though because when WWE RAW & NXT switched their runtime lengths, they did it mid year so in those seasons, I'd have to do them all by episode. That's why adding that functionality is great. Taking it a step further and adding the ability to do it by season would be phenomenal too. WWE RAW & NXT have plenty of Seasons where doing it all in one shot per season would be working smarter and not harder, that's for sure.
ChristyEzzell

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:45 pm

We will be creating a bulk editor for a large amount of episodes, but it will take some time to implement.
aliveinchrist14

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Now that's what I like to hear! What does some time mean? Are we talking days, weeks, months, or years?
shahdk

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Please add run time 21 to 40 like it showing 1 to 20. Right now it showing 1 to 20, 25,30,35,40,......
Now time is at episode level, not season level so it doesn't make any sense.
Thanks,
D
aliveinchrist14

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:42 pm

shahdk wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:22 pm
Please add run time 21 to 40 like it showing 1 to 20. Right now it showing 1 to 20, 25,30,35,40,......
Now time is at episode level, not season level so it doesn't make any sense.
ChristyEzzell wrote:
ChristyEzzell wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:45 pm
We will be creating a bulk editor for a large amount of episodes, but it will take some time to implement.
If you look at this response this is the way they're doing it now and quite honestly it makes way more sense than the old way because certain shows have different runtimes within their given seasons and can be adjusted to reflect that now accordingly. The Voice, WWE RAW, & NXT. This is a way better system. Also if you see her response to my question about there being a bulk option for shows and seasons of shows that don't have runtimes that change, she said they're working on implementing something but that it'll take some time.