Photo of Actor

Updates on the November 2019 rollout of Version 3, including testing information, TheTVDB Bible, bugs, questions, etc.
Forum rules
Please search this thread for existing bugs before posting a new one. When posting a new bug, please start a new thread.
If you're looking for API support, please take a look at our Developers forum.
JLukeAC

Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:43 am

I added actors via "add person", but when I did it I still didn't have an image to associate. Now, if I wanted to add the photo to the actor's page, it can't be done. The only things I can change are birth date, biography and link to the actor profile, but no possibility to add the actor's photo. :?: :? :?
:ugeek:
rev.pragon

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:55 am

Users can´t do this (yet?), only Role specific Images...
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
JLukeAC

Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:27 am

rev.pragon wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:55 am
Users can´t do this (yet?), only Role specific Images...
Got it. Then I hope it's possible to do it as soon as possible, because some apps that use your database take photos from the person's page and not from the series page :cry: :roll:
:ugeek:
rev.pragon

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:26 am

If you add a Role-specific Image on the Series Page, the Apps should pull this Photo. If no one´s available it should pull the Actor Photo. Regular Users can´t add Photos to the Actors Page, but can add a Role-specific Image on the Series Page if it isn´t locked.
If you want to have a Photo from the Actor itself on the Actorpage provide enough Information and Links and a Mod/Admin will add it.
kipek

Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:58 am

rev.pragon wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:26 am
but can add a Role-specific Image on the Series Page if it isn´t locked.
I'm sorry for going off topic (should I open a dedicated thread somewhere in the forum, perhaps?), but can we discuss about this? It is necessary to forbid the addition of new Role-specific Images to locked shows? Is there a vandalism problem related to these images which could justify the prohibition?

What I am trying to say is that I appreciate the possibility to edit translations, metadata and episode previews of locked shows (it was a huge step forward, I thank you for this), but I hope we could get the chance to add actors images too, since some shows are locked by a long time. La casa de papel is the first one that comes to my mind, last season introduced a few new characters and IMO they deserve an image.
rev.pragon

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:12 am

We don´t have the Possibility to unlock the Actor´s Section seperatly. If Actor´s are missing Users have to make a Request. Consider that we just add Main Characters, not everyone whos ´playing in 2 or 3 Episodes.
Shows are also locked for a Reason. Our Admins are working on the Lock´s so we may can lock/unlock specific Things like Actors in the Future.
kipek

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:14 am

rev.pragon wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:12 am
We don´t have the Possibility to unlock the Actor´s Section seperatly. If Actor´s are missing Users have to make a Request. Consider that we just add Main Characters, not everyone whos ´playing in 2 or 3 Episodes.
Shows are also locked for a Reason. Our Admins are working on the Lock´s so we may can lock/unlock specific Things like Actors in the Future.
This is a good news and I hope Admins could figure it out soon a way to enable it.

In the meantime, actually I made a request about actors pictures here, please could you take a look at it?