Suggestions for V3

Bugs, comments, questions, and complaints regarding v3 of the site, launched June 2019.
Soitora

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:20 pm

Hey, great job with V3, I love the browsing experience when it comes to absolute/airing modes!

Two things I really need to comment on however;

Entering the website, pretty much every single person visiting the site is gonna wanna search for a series, so why keep the search limited to the top-right corner as an icon, it would be a much smoother process if the search bar was already visible, and perhaps cleanly designed?

I give you a great example which is OpenSubtitles.com, the new site for OpenSubtitles.org, their main focus on visiting is having a center placed search bar. Another is TheMovieDB, albeit theirs isn't as much of a focus when entering.

Also, if you want to feature the commend below the "Welcome", then you need to at least slightly decrease the height of the "Welcome" element, it's a major blockage of what you actually want to show.

Current Design: Image

Example Improvement:

Some series really have a way too large background/banner (picture below), and that's a big no-no for a site like this, it's fine if you show the artwork at top but it should either have a limited height or be in the background, behind all text elements, slightly blurred or dimmed.

Current: Image

Sincerely a long time fan,
Soitora
Keep calm and act like you know what you're doing.
rhondadehaini

Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:02 am

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We'll take note and pass it along.
Soitora

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:10 pm

rhondadehaini wrote:Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We'll take note and pass it along.
Thank you for taking my feedback into account!
Keep calm and act like you know what you're doing.