Comments on V3

Bugs, comments, questions, and complaints regarding v3 of the site, launched June 2019.
szsori
Site Admin

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Looks like I need to carry over season locking. Good catch. I'll handle that tonight.
kipek

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:29 pm

V3 looks very promising! I have some feedback for you:

1) I believe in every Episode page I can read "Added 1 second ago by unknown user" if I click on the screencap. Example here, from Big Little Lies 2x01, but I checked other series like Black Mirror or GOT and it's the same.

2) In Baran bo Odar's profile I can see him listed as the director only of the episode "Secrets" of Dark, but this is incomplete since he directed all episodes from S01. Same happens with Jantje Friese as writer.

3) Please can you fix this comma? (Screenshot is from Better Call Saul 1x01)

4) Please can you make these arrows bigger?

5) Some people have multiple pages, e.g. Leslie Grossman has 1, 2 and 3. There is also a problem with multiple people separated by a comma (for example in Guest Stars field), check for example Anthony Hopkins.

6) I found two shows: Banshee Origins and Banshee: Origins that shouldn't be there, since they are part of Banshee special episodes and in current website (V2) these series probably were removed.

7) Recent episodes shows a wrong order, e.g. Sex Education has 1x8 and 1x2 (but it should be 1x8 and 1x7). Also please can you put a zero and change for example from 1x8 to 1x08?

8) In the Edit Series panel, you missed a slash in the Instagram field and you put two in Zap2It, e.g. a screenshot from Better Call Saul. Also every websites should have "https" instead of "http".

9) Please can you allow images (screencaps for episodes, fanarts, actors pics or banners) to be uploaded as PNG, since JPG images are often compressed and therefore they lose quality (especially on higher resolutions)?
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:59 pm

The drag and drop move for episode reordering inside of seasons doesn't seem to work properly when saved, as the episodes all return to their original positions.

I believe it's already been reported but the multi select all/inverse/none link to the home page.

RE: this issue:
kipek wrote:5) Some people have multiple pages, e.g. Leslie Grossman has 1, 2 and 3.
We can merge the records individually. Perhaps a better system can be put in place for the automatic treatment, however for the meantime I have demonstrated the merge with this example. You will find the record for this actress on the lowest ID.

However it has had some unintended consequences, as one picture of the second role has disappeared. Also, her being displayed on the series itself has some duplicating issues (I recommend Ctrl+F Search to find her) and the edition link 404's.
JBaby_9783

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:11 pm

MrsAngelD wrote:
userx404 wrote:Hello

I have read all the informations about the changes but i didn't find how the procedure should/is be handled to request mod pivileges for specific locked show.
e.g. in Dark now a second season is aired and i want to add the missing episodes.
Does i have to send a 'mod'-request here in the forum or how to get those series- or temporary special rights?
I too would like to know how to request mod privileges.
I would also like to know.
travisc555

Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:22 am

JBaby_9783 wrote:
MrsAngelD wrote:
userx404 wrote:Hello

I have read all the informations about the changes but i didn't find how the procedure should/is be handled to request mod pivileges for specific locked show.
e.g. in Dark now a second season is aired and i want to add the missing episodes.
Does i have to send a 'mod'-request here in the forum or how to get those series- or temporary special rights?
I would like clarification as well. I know in the blog it says to make a post on the forum, so I’m wondering which one or if their will be some other method to request series mod privileges? Thanks!
szsori
Site Admin

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:17 am

travisc555 wrote:
JBaby_9783 wrote:
MrsAngelD wrote:
I would like clarification as well. I know in the blog it says to make a post on the forum, so I’m wondering which one or if their will be some other method to request series mod privileges? Thanks!
The current approach will remain for a short while: you make a post on the series forum. However, we will soon be implementing OSTicket and working to link that directly into the site, which will streamline things considerably for mods. It won't solve every complaint about that process, but making things smoother for our mods will absolutely help out. That, along with mod messages directly on the series (already implemented: https://i.imgur.com/rZcO3lV.png), should help considerably and we can go from there.
szsori
Site Admin

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:18 am

Oh, and as for series-specific mod rights, we'll start by testing that with a few select individuals that have worked quite a bit on certain series. Our preference will always be to give full mod rights instead of series-specific rights if people understand our rules. But we'll be relying on some reports on our side to determine who those individuals should be.
travisc555

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:25 am

When you go to your dashboard and you collapse the menu on the left side of the page, the title changes to "TDB" instead of "TVDB" This may be intended because of spacing issues, I don't know, but figured I would post it anyways.
h2xtreme

Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:16 am

Not to beat a dead horse but with the V3 (which looks great btw) can we revisit the no wrestling/ufc shows rule?

Obviously, only for the companies that have standard weekly tv shows (like WWE and iMPACT). Even on the "old" site these fit in the database fields good enough to allow them to be used in 3rd party scrappers.

Aside from this will bulk adding episodes be an option?
dopedangel

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:57 pm

How can we fix dupe actor entries. Just message on the forum like we do for dupe series?