Comments on V3

Bugs, comments, questions, and complaints regarding v3 of the site, launched June 2019.
userx404

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Imzadi wrote:Season 2 of Dark is complete on the main page. The beta is only that, a beta. Everything you add should be considered as temporary.
It was ment as an example. On this beta i wanted to check and try how the new system works and how to add new episodes. But my test ends with not being able to do anything and posting this question.
szsori
Site Admin

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Just so everyone is aware, myself, Christy, and our project manager are reviewing everything in here and adding them as prioritized tickets in our tracking system. I'll try giving an update every so often with a list of fixes/changes, and will likely only respond directly to people when I have specific questions. Thank you all so much for the testing and feedback... it's invaluable.
bluesquirrel

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:02 pm

FAVOURITES

The new favouorites list is now broken into pages of 10 shows. This is not sorted alphabetically.

This means that I potentially have to sort through x number of pages until I find a show.

Can you please redesign into a single page list. Otherwise in many cases it is just faster to use the Search Box rather than a favourites list.
MrsAngelD

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:36 pm

userx404 wrote:Hello

I have read all the informations about the changes but i didn't find how the procedure should/is be handled to request mod pivileges for specific locked show.
e.g. in Dark now a second season is aired and i want to add the missing episodes.
Does i have to send a 'mod'-request here in the forum or how to get those series- or temporary special rights?
I too would like to know how to request mod privileges.
Equinox
Site Moderator

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:08 am

Question: Is there another way to edit the episode order / episode numbers other than the new dragging feature in the Edit Season page? I'm asking because for cartoon series, you'll sometimes want several episodes to have the same episode number in the DVD Order. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it in V3.
szsori
Site Admin

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:01 am

Equinox wrote:Question: Is there another way to edit the episode order / episode numbers other than the new dragging feature in the Edit Season page? I'm asking because for cartoon series, you'll sometimes want several episodes to have the same episode number in the DVD Order. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it in V3.
This is because of the split/joined episodes that are prevalent in cartoons. The new approach is to actually structure them accurately, which means for the official order you create each joined episode and add them to the seasons. Then in the DVD order you create the split episodes and add those to the seasons.

Example:

Official Order, Season 1
Episode 1 - "Title A / Title B" (this is a single episode)
Episode 2 - "Title C / Title D" (this is a single episode)

DVD Order, Season 1
Episode 1 - "Title A" (completely separate single episode)
Episode 2 - "Title B" (completely separate single episode)
Episode 3 - "Title C" (completely separate single episode)
Episode 4 - "Title D" (completely separate single episode)

The episode "Title A / Title B" doesn't need to be used when assembling DVD Season 1... it would just be in the "Unassigned" season.

This approach seems more complicated, but solves a TON of structural issues. Money Heist, and how Netflix recut the entire series, is a perfect example. The old approach would have required that we store two completely separate series that share artwork, translations, etc but are separate because the episodes differ. The new approach allows us to share the series-level info but have a completely different structure for the seasons and episodes.

Cartoons are actually another perfect example, as you mention. The new method will allow us to have translated titles for the joined episodes and accurate translations for the split episodes. The screenshot for each episode can reflect the actual content.

If we need to add any tools to make setting up these structures easier, I'm open to suggestions (make another thread).
Equinox
Site Moderator

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:15 am

szsori wrote:
Equinox wrote:Question: Is there another way to edit the episode order / episode numbers other than the new dragging feature in the Edit Season page? I'm asking because for cartoon series, you'll sometimes want several episodes to have the same episode number in the DVD Order. But I can't seem to figure out how to do it in V3.
This is because of the split/joined episodes that are prevalent in cartoons. The new approach is to actually structure them accurately, which means for the official order you create each joined episode and add them to the seasons. Then in the DVD order you create the split episodes and add those to the seasons.

Example:

Official Order, Season 1
Episode 1 - "Title A / Title B" (this is a single episode)
Episode 2 - "Title C / Title D" (this is a single episode)

DVD Order, Season 1
Episode 1 - "Title A" (completely separate single episode)
Episode 2 - "Title B" (completely separate single episode)
Episode 3 - "Title C" (completely separate single episode)
Episode 4 - "Title D" (completely separate single episode)

The episode "Title A / Title B" doesn't need to be used when assembling DVD Season 1... it would just be in the "Unassigned" season.

This approach seems more complicated, but solves a TON of structural issues. Money Heist, and how Netflix recut the entire series, is a perfect example. The old approach would have required that we store two completely separate series that share artwork, translations, etc but are separate because the episodes differ. The new approach allows us to share the series-level info but have a completely different structure for the seasons and episodes.

Cartoons are actually another perfect example, as you mention. The new method will allow us to have translated titles for the joined episodes and accurate translations for the split episodes. The screenshot for each episode can reflect the actual content.

If we need to add any tools to make setting up these structures easier, I'm open to suggestions (make another thread).
Got it. Thank you for the answer!

So basically for Money Heist we could use the DVD Order to reflect the Netflix version, where Season 1 consists of 13 episodes, Season 2 consists of 9 episodes, and Season 3 is coming up later this month? And the episode would be completely separate entities than the already-existing episodes that reflect the original broadcast on Spanish network Antenna?
voldy10

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:45 pm

szsori wrote:Excellent feedback. Thank you so much. I'll go through this more in detail later, but could you provide a little more info on your very last comment? Do you have some examples of series that don't have their information transferred? Thanks!
ZuiMelanieForno

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi.

Just running a Test of V3.

Nice Idea with the Dashboard, and the Language Preference in there.

At first it doesn´t store the Language Preference, every load/redirect reverts to English.

But after I added a Icon (1024x1024) and the Language was set to German, it remembered the last Language... hmmm

I tried to Edit the Series-Main Properties, and I got the "Upps somthin´wrong here"-Thingie-Page.

All the Formdata are kept in the Textboxes after browsing Back and also on reloads. This seems to work well.

I couldn´t find any clou about Post/Get errors, so I steped toward to test other things.

I dunno, do we need Submit-Events still in 2019, coulnd´t find on the "Save"-Button for "Edit Series".

The Edit-Button on Editor and Director lands on 404-Page.

The Datetime-Picker is not aligned Center to the Textbox, also the Cancel-Button. CSS?

- line-height: 24px; - If I remove it from the - input[type="date"], input[type="time"], input[type="datetime-local"], input[type="month"] - it is aligned.
No other Inputfields are effected. Works in Firefox-Debugger-Window.

Aired Today is a really cool Feature, but maybe a hint for the user to Lookup on Hover could help... IMHO

Finale Field is absolute usefull. thx

The Ordering Breadcrumbs are Priceless.

The German PG Ratings are:

FSK ab 0 freigegeben/Freigegeben ohne Altersbeschränkung
FSK ab 6 freigegeben
FSK ab 12 freigegeben (also Parental Guidance (PG): FSK ab 12 – mit Eltern ab sechs Jahren erlaubt)
FSK ab 16 freigegeben
FSK ab 18/Keine Jugendfreigabe (No Youth Clearence / like NC-17 im USA)

I would use following List, and that should be Enough for Editors.
FSK ab 0
FSK ab 6
FSK ab 12
FSK ab 16
FSK ab 18

The Images upload and deletion is working.
I tried a PNG on a JPG request, and I got a red Info about "validation mime",
this could be more informative for the User like: "Please use the right Imagefiletype (.jpg)"

The new ordering of Episodes in Seasons is the best ever. I swear, by my Beard and Mustache... lol

But! The Episodes have no Names/Titles Displayed in the Table, maybe Translation related.
I went to the "DVD-Order" and in the Unassinged Table there are the Translated (?) Titles shown.
To be precise I Set the "Series Icon Language" to German, and my Dashboard-Preference also to German.
I surely have not set it in the Series-Edit, maybe a async thingie?

The Send To from Unassigned Episodes is working, but the Events are slow, the Combobox is activated, but don´t react on first click. I think it is timing related, if I wait longer it will work on first Press.
Ok it needs a mouse over then a move leave and then on second mouse over it will display the dropdown.
Also once it redirected me to the index-page with the Message "Episode was successfully moved!".

All the Checkboxes where activated, after I moved the first entry to a Season, and I couldn´t invert/deselect except of Manual deactivation per entry.

Sorry for bugreporting my Beard of, but It must be MINDBLOWINGLY AWSOME... OK I think I need some sleep it os 4o clock in the Morning here.

c.u. Zui from Hamburg
travisc555

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Was series, season, episode locking info transferred from original db to v3 beta? If I understand correctly, locking in v3 beta can now be done on a per field basis? If so this may not be a bug per say, but I'll leave it here just in case.

1. Impractical Jokers Season 8 is locked at the season level on original tvdb, but in v3 beta (I dont know if a mod/admin unlocked it, making these reports moot) you can add, edit episodes, etc as if the season was not locked.
2. Impractical Jokers Season 8 does not have a lock notice (Deadliest Catch is series locked at original tvdb and v3 beta has a lock notice on the series page).

Thanks for all your work and continued work into v3, it really is a major improvement!