Comments on V3

Bugs, comments, questions, and complaints regarding v3 of the site, launched June 2019.
Sopherian

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:24 pm

I stumbled upon a few problems.

- I can't add an actor to a show, it doesn't get linked to it.
- Broken images
- Episode 1 in a list of special episodes was missing, this episode was unassigned.
After moving it back to the list of specials it ended up at the bottom.
I was able to move it up, however the number of that episode remained the same and after refreshing it, and it went back to the bottom.
In the previous version of the website you were able to change the episode number, I can't find this back on the new site.

I like to say that I find it weird that we need to add an English name for series that aren't even English.
People make up crazy names which aren't even the right translation in the first place.
It really makes no sense!

I do want to compliment on the new website, it looks absolutely great! Hopefully it works great again soon too. :lol:
Thank you for working so hard on it. Keep it up!
Psion20

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:21 pm

szsori wrote:
Psion20 wrote: Strange Evidence has the same issue, about 5 episodes disappeared and I'm reluctant to add the next upcoming episode until they are back. Hopefully you can check if this one is in the queue.
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/strange-evidence
This was great info. It helped me track down around 330k episodes that hadn't imported due to a bug. I wrote a separate importer which is running now, and should pull them all in within the next hour.
Glad it helped and other series I found with same problem seem to be fixed now.
Another thing, two series that were recently added are nowhere to be found. "If We Built It Today" was added 3 maybe 4 weeks ago, the other "Contact (2019)" was added just before the update started. Both were in the system long enough to be in the TVTime app.
Klopfer

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:26 pm

I like the updated look, but there are too many issues right now.
  • Password Reset isn't working, I always get a timeout error or a "Something went wrong" message when I submit my new password, so that also means I can't login.
  • Some suggestions from the search bar lead to 404 ("Das Boot (1985)") or "Something went wrong" pages ("Schwiegertochter gesucht"). Strange, because they clearly should be there, it wouldn't make sense for the suggestion algorithm to suggest them in the first place if they weren't.
  • Artworks are missing, and for one show ("Dein bestes Stück - Gebracht, gemacht!") the entry also says that external IDs or links are missing. I provided the IMDB id when I entered the show information, so it should have been in the database.
  • Foreign titles for American/British shows are not found ("The Flintstones" should also be listed if someone searches for "Familie Feuerstein" in German, as there is now no way to tell the site you are looking for foreign titles.)
shriek

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:40 pm

Psion20 wrote: Glad it helped and other series I found with same problem seem to be fixed now.
Another thing, two series that were recently added are nowhere to be found. "If We Built It Today" was added 3 maybe 4 weeks ago, the other "Contact (2019)" was added just before the update started. Both were in the system long enough to be in the TVTime app.
If We Built It Today is there, but can't be found via the search. You can view it if you have the right Url like so: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/if-we-built-it-today
Psion20

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:47 pm

One more thing I just found. The search does find "Expedition Unknown" but when you try to open it I get the "Whoops, looks like something went wrong" page.
Psion20

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:56 pm

shriek wrote: If We Built It Today is there, but can't be found via the search. You can view it if you have the right Url like so: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/if-we-built-it-today
Alright If We Built It Today is a problem with the search function, but Contact (2019) is still missing as far as I can tell.
Daskarzine

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:21 pm

Delete an episode does not work

A series that I maintain has been updated prior to 'missing episodes' being transferred, now there are 2 identical eps for a week, however, 'delete episode' doesn't work - nothing happens?

Can you advise?

Thanks!
JBaby_9783

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:23 pm

Daskarzine wrote:Delete an episode does not work

A series that I maintain has been updated prior to 'missing episodes' being transferred, now there are 2 identical eps for a week, however, 'delete episode' doesn't work - nothing happens?

Can you advise?

Thanks!
This is my experience too.
szsori
Site Admin

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:28 pm

Daskarzine wrote:A series that I maintain has been updated prior to 'missing episodes' being transferred, now there are 2 identical eps for a week, however, 'delete episode' doesn't work - nothing happens?
Good that the missing data came in. I can detect duplicates. Can you give me a link and I'll take a look... I'll likely just delete all the duplicates at once. Thanks!
Daskarzine

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:30 pm

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/coronati ... fficial/60

At the bottom!

169 - 174 - without the overview!