Comments on V3

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/ We also have a Knowledgebase which includes site rules and tips at https://support.thetvdb.com/kb/
Nfmalves11326

Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Hello. Have a little suggestion and I don't know if it was already talked about. As you know, some series sometimes change the channel and maybe their duration. Is possible somehow not having just the actual channel/duration, but have the historial of the differents channels and durations of a series? And maybe associated for each season to that information? Thanks.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:21 pm

This is already an implemented feature. Network and episode duration will move from the series level to the episode level with V3. You will be able to set the network and the episode's length individually for each episode in the edition form.
zeusart

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:34 am

Hi guys,

I read that it will be possible to make a user mod on a specific show.
Do we have any information about it ? How apply for example ?
kresomysl

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:32 am

Sorry , my English si very poor :-)
1) Why, when i wrote new episode, is language Romanian? https://www.thetvdb.com/series/krejzovi

Code: Select all

Title and Overview
* indicates a required field.
Both must be in Romanian (limba română), the original language for this series.
2) Where is my favorites? All is missing :-(
Blacky

Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:24 am

I have added a few shows myself on my favourites list and I miss the column 'upcoming episode'. Now there are only 2 dates: first and last aired.
Checking the list on the old site, I could see right away which shows were still running and what the next date was. I miss that in V3.
dcadkin

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:05 pm

I agree about the upcoming episode column. I used this all of the time to see what was going to be on tv for the week. Can this be added into v3?
aliveinchrist14

Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:47 pm

What's the timeline looking like on finally getting metadata to pull to the third party apps that I use? It's been a few days now and I'm just wondering what the status update on this is. I know y'all are working on this tirelessly and I'm very appreciative of your hard work.
shanec42

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:31 am

As of 2019/11/19 my favorites are missing also. I've sent an email to ChristyEzzell, but I don't know if that's the approved method of contacting her. Although I've been using the site for years, I just now had to set up a forums account, and don't have PM authority yet. (kinda a problem when that's your approved ticketing method)
rev.pragon
Site Moderator

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:38 pm

I've sent an email to ChristyEzzell, but I don't know if that's the approved method of contacting her
It is. But i already saidin another Thread, at the Moment Bug Fixing is on a higher Proirity, so it can take Time until you get an Answer.
wareagleus

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:39 am

N4TH4N wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:28 am
Hi,
I would like to give my opinion and report some problems I encountered on this version.
Fistly, thanks for the addition of movies, I hope TVTime will include them in their app.
The actor page is an amazing idea, mainly for the instagram links!
Yes! The runtime is finally requested for each episode!
I love the new search bar! Congratulations!

Now, I am going to talk about the problems :
- When I try to edit an actor role in a serie, I get a 404 error page.
- I also have the same page when I try to remove an actor
- When I named seasons for Slasher or American Horror Story in two languages, the seasons were duplicated.
- I expected to see a drop down menu to enter dates because the AAAA-MM-JJ is not common in some countries…
- I don’t know why there is areas for social medias in episodes pages… An episode doesn’t have an Instagram profile…
- I can’t add an image for the actor in its page.
- There is nothing in Actors, Directors Writers page, it’s blank.
- The mail adress is displayed instead of the username on the top of the website.
- I can't anymore see the list of episode in a different language that English... It was possible on the previous version... And very useful to check which episode was translated or not.

And now, some suggestions :
- Give the possibility to add an icon for a Network
- Add flags to countries
- Add French, German, Spanish translations for genres (and the website in general)
- Apply a black background (for OLED screens)
- When the user language is not English, it could be great to display the series information directy in its language
- Ow, there isn't actors for each season, we are oblige to write the season in its name
- i didn't find an option to mark it's just a voice and not an actor for anime

This was all I noticed about this new version, I hope it could help!
And I am so sorry for my bad English...
I miss being able to edit the episode synopsis but I have noticed the actor updates (e.g. Chrisley Knows Best and providing images results in a 404 or oops something went wrong).
I also don't understand the social media for episodes. I can see for the series itself but not an episode.

Thanks