Bosch - Season 6

Member discussions concerning third-party applications.
Please read the big red box at the top, staff intervention on behalf of these programmes will be minimal.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
Scuffers

Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:47 am

For some reason, when Plex pulls the info for season 6 episodes, the episode names are lost and come back as 'Episode 1' etc

looked at the entries here and they seem to be the correct names etc?

What am I missing?
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:58 pm

Make sure Plex is pulling data from the correct TheTVDB ID. You can do that by using the "Fix match" tool and enter ID 277928 in the search.
Check if you are using Aired Order as your ordering method for episodes (The DVD Order on TheTVDB is very incomplete.) Edit the series, and Advanced.
Make sure your files respect Plex naming.
You can force a metadata refresh of the series.
Finally there is the Plex dance.

If that doesn't work I think you may want to post on the Plex forums for help instead.
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:05 pm

I am wondering if Scuffers naybe mistook the season 7 episodes that were entered today. The episodes were named Episode 1 and so on. The season was deleted.
Scuffers

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:40 am

Mistywing wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:58 pm
Make sure Plex is pulling data from the correct TheTVDB ID. You can do that by using the "Fix match" tool and enter ID 277928 in the search.
Check if you are using Aired Order as your ordering method for episodes (The DVD Order on TheTVDB is very incomplete.) Edit the series, and Advanced.
Make sure your files respect Plex naming.
You can force a metadata refresh of the series.
Finally there is the Plex dance.

If that doesn't work I think you may want to post on the Plex forums for help instead.
Thanks for this...

Tried your suggesting using the ID number rather than the name, and it seems to have forced it to change.

At a guess, the issue was that Plex hangs on to 'old' data even when you ask it to refresh metadata - the episode numbers was the only hangup, the episode descriptions were all filled in correctly...

I'll post this up on the Plex forums as a possible bug, but it would help if anybody could suggest anything about this specific listing that's different from others? - I have not seen this issue before on hundreds of different TV shows.