Search results returning multiple entries of the same show/same ID

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
nortok00

Search results returning multiple entries of the same show/same ID

Postby nortok00 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Apologies if this has been posted already. I tried searching for an existing topic but couldn't find anything.

I'm seeing search results return a bunch of entries that are duplicate, triplicate and more. They seem to be the same entry repeated multiple times based on the same ID appearing. I don't recall this happening under the old site.

Ex: A search on "Law & Order" (https://www.thetvdb.com/search?q=%22law ... er%22&l=en) brings up a bunch of extra entries. Ex: Law & Order appears two times with ID 72368, Law & Order: UK appears three times with ID 85228 and Law & Order: Los Angeles appears four times with ID 168161, etc., etc. I went into each page and they look identical.

If they are unique let me know.

Thanks.

Karen

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: Search results returning multiple entries of the same show/same ID

Postby Imzadi » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Probably caused because of the old aliases, which are not shown. And you do not have to look into each search result. Same ID means same show.
As long as the search bug and aliases aren't fixed, this will probably remain an issue.

annomatik

Re: Search results returning multiple entries of the same show/same ID

Postby annomatik » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Yes, and it's especially fun for "Tatort":

Imagehow to upload photos to internet