[FR] Allow Translations on locked Series/Items

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
daedalus2

[FR] Allow Translations on locked Series/Items

Postby daedalus2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:03 am

now that you disabled this what i call a feature and huge improvement over the old site and even if it seems to have been an existing bug since the start of the new site, nevertheless i want to ask if this could be re-enabled?

i fully understand to lock things like sorting, episode count and so on for certain reasons, but i never got why we weren't able to translate existing things, so i was very happy when i saw this obviously changed on the new site

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: [FR] Allow Translations on locked Series/Items

Postby Imzadi » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:51 am

Considering the massive vandalism of the last days and week, it's unlikely, that this will be allowed.

norrbak

Postby norrbak » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:52 pm

And it is not possible to make some exceptions? It would be fantastic if you create a group of loyal translators and allow them to continue making translations. I'm very happy since the launch of the new site with the small bug that allowed me to make translations. This period of time is the period in which I have most contributed to thetvdb.com with difference. I was very happy contributing to enhance the best TV show database on the internet for my local language.

Please, keep this comment in consideration.
Thank you.

stefner
Trusted Translator

Postby stefner » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:18 pm

I agree.

To add translations to an existing (locked) season and episode structure shouldn't be a problem.
Or has there been vandalism in that aspect, too?

(I'm referring to V2.)

Thanks

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Yes unfortunately the glitch that allowed translations to be done while a series was otherwise locked as abused by vandals continuously and extensively for at least a week.
Therefore it was fixed, and now translations for locked series must all be done through requests made on the forums.

Talk of special user permissions and so on has happened but other features seem to be higher on the priority list (of which I have no information about, so please don't ask) so it will probably be a while.

SeboCraft

Postby SeboCraft » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Wouldn't it be a good compromise if you could only edit translations that are empty in locked series? That would prevent vandalism on existing translations. And for changes of translations you can then use the forum. This would save a lot of work for the moderators who handle the translation requests from the forum.

norrbak

Postby norrbak » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:21 am

If is possible to have a group of interested users with elevated permissions for translations… it would be awesome. Do you think is possible? I'm very interested. Thanks.