V2 really slow to browse - add old option?

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
danyboy666

V2 really slow to browse - add old option?

Postby danyboy666 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:41 am

Hello all, As title suggest I find the site to be really slow recently. Is this temporary as maybe we are being attacked or do we need some hardware upgrade? Other than that everything is ok I do like the new site even if there are still some little admin options i'd like to see come back on V2 like mass renumbering. Also the API side Seem fine btw no time out.

bluesquirrel

Re: V2 really slow to browse - add old option?

Postby bluesquirrel » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:50 pm

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:28 pm

really? Isn´t there a Mod/Admin Section where you discuss about that? Doesn´t anyone recognize this? I mean there´s no Reaction from absolutely no one so i´m wondering a little bit right now....

radardog88

Postby radardog88 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Yes, the site is REALLY SLOW. Pages take 15-20 seconds to load, or they time out. Great site and service, but is anything being done about this?

Wehrmacht

Postby Wehrmacht » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:31 pm

rev.pragon wrote:really? Isn´t there a Mod/Admin Section where you discuss about that? Doesn´t anyone recognize this? I mean there´s no Reaction from absolutely no one so i´m wondering a little bit right now....

That's because all the developers are cowering behind their GitLab walled community.

From MattS in May 2018:
"For future issues, it's best to create a GitLab account (if you haven't already) and submit issues there (https://gitlab.thetvdb.com/site/thetvdb_api/issues). It's difficult to keep up with here and Trello isn't much better."
&
"Given all of our work happens in GitLab, we're moving to using that to manage all of the issues around the APIv2 as well. If you don't have an account there, please create one and then request access to the "thetvdb_api" via the ui. Once that's been granted, you can submit issues via https..."

The exclusionary nature of GitLab makes it easy for devs to stick their fingers in their ears and dribble 'LaLaLa no issues today LaLaLa"

Suit themselves. It's only one of the reasons why major user activity pushers like Kodi are giving very serious consideration into abandoning TVDB entirely as the default scraper.

If enough projects do that, then the oblivious GitLab walled community can have fun entering ALL the DB themselves.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:45 pm

That is strictly for the API and its development, not for the rest of the site. An important distinction.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:53 am

Wehrmacht wrote:
rev.pragon wrote:really? Isn´t there a Mod/Admin Section where you discuss about that? Doesn´t anyone recognize this? I mean there´s no Reaction from absolutely no one so i´m wondering a little bit right now....

That's because all the developers are cowering behind their GitLab walled community.

Yeah but this would make Sense for me if the Site is under Developement and not shown to the Public as it was before May. But yet it is public and for me as a User it doesn´t count where the Problem is in particular. It´s just that there is a Problem and when a Mod ask about the Issue then i´m really asking myself what´s going on behind the Scenes. A public Callout from an Admin would had make it much easier to deal with the Problem but absolutely nothing and a lot of unanswered questions is the Problem. Not that something isn´t working, that can happen. Also i have no Intend to post in Gitlab. That´s more annoying then getting no Answer, most of the People there think they are Goods.

szsori
Site Admin

Postby szsori » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:54 am

Version 2 of the site isn't even live. We're currently on the 1.5 version of the site. I'm working on things, but I have to prioritize a certain way based on limited time available. No matter what we won't be bringing the old version live, though. It was full of massive security holes and required constant babysitting by our sysadmins.