Image resizing

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
dale2507

Image resizing

Postby dale2507 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:22 pm

I've just created a new series but haven't added any images as the uploader is very specific about the dimensions. Would it be possible to add the ability to resize images when they are uploaded?

It's a pain to resize them locally and having users do it seems like it would be an easy way to have many different ways of getting the images to "fit" (Size up for terrible resolution, add borders to make it fit, resize and cut edges off, etc.). It should be possible to tell the difference between banner, poster and fanart based on the aspect ratio so it seems odd to be so specific about the sizes.

Coco
Site Admin

Re: Image resizing

Postby Coco » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:07 pm

We could do this but most likely will not. Resizing images automatically is easy but there's no easy way to make sure it makes sense. We'd much rather the users take the time to sort out the images themselves to get the highest quality. We have very specific sizes set because applications using them are expecting very specific sizes.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.