V2 Just become more user unfriendly

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
Daskarzine

Re: V2 Just become more user unfriendly

Postby Daskarzine » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:38 pm

DarklightIndigo wrote:Personally, I'm amazed that Add Another didn't make its way into the Add Episode form in an episodes capacity.

I'm with you

lord_horadrim

Postby lord_horadrim » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:54 am

gabrielrcamp wrote:i'm in a process of adding a 139 episodes series, but it seems impossible
even if the site was running quickly, there are too many steps and too many separate pages for each episode, which makes the whole process ridiculously slow

That's the reason why I stopped to contribute on this website two month ago.... It seems like the problems are still there :roll:

loothor

Postby loothor » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 pm

I don't know if this was an issue in V1, but the current interface doesn't let you change episode images after they've been posted.
And while it will let you replace series actor images and show the new ones on the website, it seems like the first ones posted are always retrieved via scraping (at least for KODI), thus making any corrections/improvements pretty worthless.

I also liked the V1 interface better.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:24 am

It takes some time (a few days) till the new Images appear on the main site too. Kodi only scraps the first pics. When you update a Picture from an Actor you can see the latest Image with another / sign before the jpg adress. For Example: https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/actors//351959.jpg (in that Case it´s the same pic)

theraster

Postby theraster » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:39 pm

kodi v18 upcoming nightly/rc now uses tmdb as its tv scraper instead of tvdb.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 pm

You can choose what Scraper you want... as usual

repeater69

Postby repeater69 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:45 pm

I really miss V1. Usually I can adapt to a new layout of a site, but V2 is so much harder to use. There's large images you have to scroll by, more clicking before you reach functions, search function finds everything except what I'm looking for. I used to contribute missing episodes but I'm avoiding it nowdays since the site feels design-bloated and un-userfriendly.

I'd vote to switch back to V1 if it's possible. Sorry guys, but a user friendly site bets nice/modern design any day.