The Rookie, not searchable and no longer listed as a favorite?

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
tv68347

The Rookie, not searchable and no longer listed as a favorite?

Postby tv68347 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:22 am

Before v2 I had a new series called The Rookie set as a favorite (it has Nathon Fillion in it).

This is no longer listed as a favorite and I can't search for the series either. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Is there any way of listing any favorite that is no longer on the site as I generally try to add as a favorite as soon as I see a trailer I like on YouTube. I am now wondering if there are other series that I have favorited and I have lost track of.

Thanks

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: The Rookie, not searchable and no longer listed as a favorite?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat May 19, 2018 9:31 am

It's probably gone as it's currently in-production, and no information has yet been made available beyond a preliminary cast list and network.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

tv68347

Postby tv68347 » Sat May 19, 2018 9:57 am

Does this mean any other favorited NEW series that has been recently announced and already added to the site are at risk of being removed for the same reason?

Pity the series cant be given a Status of Deleted and still appear in favourites.

Urrggl not sure how to handle this? Does anyone have any suggestions as after setting as a favourite I never thought I needed to keep a paper list just in case the series is deleted for some reason and therefore lost as favorite and then added again but as a completely new entry but no longer a favorite.

Perhaps do not allow people to favorite until some criteria is met? That does not make sense though as perhaps the series should not be allowed to be added if the criteria is not met to avoid the problem in the first place.

Anyway v2 is looking great and I hope you can continue to improve it.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat May 19, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm in favour of maybe an Upcoming status once the core functionality is ironed out, with maybe some sort of option or mandatory timeout to remove the "series" if nothing ever comes of it. That's a bit off yet, but it's certainly feasible.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

tv68347

Postby tv68347 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Yes that would be great new functionality I hope it will be considered for the future. It may also save admin time having to keep removing series that at the moment shouldn't be on the site. I guess it will also save contributors time adding information multiple times that will be deleted.

Theli93

Postby Theli93 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:34 pm

May it be reestablished without fear of being deleted, since they have been advertising it on air?

Also ref:
The Rookie on:
ABC
TV Guide
Official Facebook Page

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Wed May 30, 2018 2:05 am

So far the series has been added with fake dates, not in character actor pictures, promotional blank pictures of Nathan Fillion as posters and so on. So no, as long there is no actual information to be added like confirmed dates or episodes titles, it will be deleted.

Please keep in mind, all available information so far is not fixed. There still can be cast changes (which is pretty usual) and title changes. Even a series order doesn't mean much.

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Regarding this show, The Rookie... https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-rookie

I believe there is a duplicate entry for this show.

The link above shows an ID of 350665

There seems to be another entry where a member is having difficulty scraping with Kodi. It has an ID of 347665

Doing a search for the second ID returns this...

Code: Select all

<Data><Series>
  <id>347665</id>
  <Actors>|Nathan Fillion|Afton Williamson|Alyssa Diaz|Eric Winter|Melissa O'Neil|Mercedes Mason|Richard T. Jones|Titus Makin|</Actors>
  <Airs_DayOfWeek></Airs_DayOfWeek>
  <Airs_Time></Airs_Time>
  <ContentRating></ContentRating>
  <FirstAired></FirstAired>
  <Genre>|Crime|</Genre>
  <IMDB_ID>tt7587890</IMDB_ID>
  <Language>en</Language>
  <Network>ABC (US)</Network>
  <NetworkID></NetworkID>
  <Overview>The series follows John Nolan, a forty-year-old man, who moves from his comfortable, small town life to Los Angeles to pursue his dream of being a police officer for the Los Angeles Police Department. He must navigate the dangerous, humorous and unpredictable world of a &quot;young&quot; cop, determined to make his second shot at life count.</Overview>
  <Rating></Rating>
  <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
  <Runtime></Runtime>
  <SeriesID></SeriesID>
  <SeriesName>The Rookie</SeriesName>
  <Status>Continuing</Status>
  <added>2018-05-15 15:35:16</added>
  <addedBy>504738</addedBy>
  <banner></banner>
  <fanart>fanart/original/5afb743f202ac.jpg</fanart>
  <finale_aired></finale_aired>
  <lastupdated>1526428956</lastupdated>
  <poster>posters/5afb73636fad3.jpg</poster>
  <slug>the-rookie</slug>
  <tms_wanted_old>0</tms_wanted_old>
  <zap2it_id></zap2it_id>
</Series>

Maybe one could be removed or redirected to the other?