How to add episodes that don't have English name?

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
SerialJunkie

Re: How to add episodes that don't have English name?

Postby SerialJunkie » Sun May 06, 2018 12:23 am

Everything is fresh and new (in my case it is), and I stumbled upon that as well. I added a season to an existing series and stopped after episode 2 since I'm uncomfortable with adding episode in english, delete afterwards and add it in german. I don't. want to mess up the db......... So I'll try again, when there's a solution, or a fix.

szsori
Site Admin

Postby szsori » Sun May 06, 2018 12:49 am

I'll add a language selection on the episode creation form so you'll be able to specify the language. It will default to English, but can be changed. This should be done within the next couple days.

chanwilson01

Postby chanwilson01 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:01 am

szsori wrote:I'll add a language selection on the episode creation form so you'll be able to specify the language. It will default to English, but can be changed. This should be done within the next couple days.

Thanks!!! Good to know that's coming up!! :D :D
I think the end result is to have as little links (click) as possible to get to where we need to make the edit or new ep (English or not)
Which I think the old site was better designed for that

And yes, please make everything smaller and more compact!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Alessandro89

Postby Alessandro89 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:00 pm

I would also like to add the new titles in Italian that I had started adding in the old version of the site. now shows me only English and those four titles that I had put in Italian. How I continue adding the of the missing episodes in Italian translation already present English? thank you

chanwilson01

Postby chanwilson01 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 am

Alessandro89 wrote:I would also like to add the new titles in Italian that I had started adding in the old version of the site. now shows me only English and those four titles that I had put in Italian. How I continue adding the of the missing episodes in Italian translation already present English? thank you

You'll need to first add episode in English, I just type in the episode number
then go "Manage Translate"
now you can find your language and add the name and info in Italian

Which is very cumbersome hope they'd fix this soon otherwise I might stop coming back :( :(

tmcla10

Postby tmcla10 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:49 am

szsori wrote:I'll add a language selection on the episode creation form so you'll be able to specify the language. It will default to English, but can be changed. This should be done within the next couple days.

Do you know when it will be resolved?

tmcla10

Postby tmcla10 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:49 am

Please!

fotofrank

Postby fotofrank » Tue May 15, 2018 2:00 pm

tmcla10 wrote:Please!

They've created a temporary solution so you can access the information in a different language. :D
Now PLEASE give them time to do their work on the website again. Asking for a target date won't speed things up.
I know you would like to see this resolved so you won't have to click 2 times extra ASAP, but there are certainly things that other users would like to see working also.
Getting on a sidetrack to fix 1 specific item and then getting back into a planned workflow will only result in taking longer for the complete site to be fully operational again.

(No offence!) ;)
Things can only happen when YOU make it possible to let them happen.

tmcla10

Postby tmcla10 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 am

fotofrank wrote:
tmcla10 wrote:Please!

They've created a temporary solution so you can access the information in a different language. :D
Now PLEASE give them time to do their work on the website again. Asking for a target date won't speed things up.
I know you would like to see this resolved so you won't have to click 2 times extra ASAP, but there are certainly things that other users would like to see working also.
Getting on a sidetrack to fix 1 specific item and then getting back into a planned workflow will only result in taking longer for the complete site to be fully operational again.

(No offence!) ;)

Hmm I think you didn't understand the problem. For TV Shows in foreign language, we can't add any new episode by any way. Is it not a major problem?

Maretoh

Postby Maretoh » Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 am

It's not ideal, but in the meantime you can add the episodes in "English", and then move the data into the correct language using the "Manage translations" button.
An episode a day keeps the doctor away.