New website

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
travisc555

Re: New website

Postby travisc555 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:42 am

On the new website I noticed that you use your email to log in to your account, is the email tied to your account and can't be changed? I've looked in the drop down menu for your account and didn't see any account settings or anything like that I could change. Thanks.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun May 20, 2018 11:45 pm

I imagine the emails will probably be relatively fixed with an option to change your username, but you should be able to update your email address once the site is completely deployed (IMO, locking-in email providers when most of the smaller players aren't typically around more than a few years, would be myopic to say the least).
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

windb

Postby windb » Mon May 21, 2018 7:26 am

Thanks DarklightIndigo
This may be a cookies issue?
viewtopic.php?p=132569#p132532

So, I am trying to login with the new password that I am told has been accepted.
I deleted all cookies, cleared history, restarted Chrome. Still telling me the account has not yet been validated.
Same thing with a different browser (Microsoft Edge) and same thing on my Mac with Safari.

This doesn't seem browser dependent.

madu

Postby madu » Mon May 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Where do I change "First Aired" and "Airs" (day/time) of a series overview?
I can not find these fields under "Edit Series".
thx

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 pm

These are added automatically with the first episode added I believe.

JBaby_9783

Postby JBaby_9783 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:06 pm

madu wrote:Where do I change "First Aired" and "Airs" (day/time) of a series overview?
I can not find these fields under "Edit Series".
thx

You can’t. Those fields are not available on the new site yet.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Tue May 22, 2018 2:49 am

Both answers are correct. Though that functionality isn't yet implemented, First Aired will use the date for 1x1 when it is.

madu

Postby madu » Mon May 28, 2018 5:22 pm

DarklightIndigo wrote:Both answers are correct. Though that functionality isn't yet implemented, First Aired will use the date for 1x1 when it is.

Ok. But that doen't seem to work automagically when the date of 1x1 is changed...

Somebody changed the aired dates of all episodes of a serie I was helping to manage from Nov/Dec 2017 (correct) to March/April 2018 (wrong).
So I changed all these episodes dates back to correct dates.
Could s/o please change First Aired to 2017-11-07 and Air Time to Tuesday 20:00 as I can not edit these values?
Serie is: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/337514
Thx.

wayned42

Postby wayned42 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 am

The other problem with this idiom is that sometimes the first episode is classified by the site as a special, so the first-aired date for the show is really somewhere in the specials, not 1x1. Examples: When Calls the Heart (0x1). So, while removing this edit item is a nice idea in theory, there needs to be some way to override it. Perhaps a series setting that lets us specify what episode aired first out of a list that contains 1x1 any specials whose date is prior to 1x1 (the edit page would get that selector dynamically created just from qualifying episodes). Thus, for the majority of the series, that selector would only hold 1x1 (no prior specials) but we could set the date properly for the exceptions. Another idea is to look for an absoluteEpisodeNumber of 1 in the specials and use the date from that.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Tue May 29, 2018 11:07 am

I like the override idea.